New again

Options

Replies

• rachel1971mfp
    rachel1971mfp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am finding that being on here really does help !keep up the the good work girls !
  • ritaadams261
    ritaadams261 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting my journey today..I have been reading your posts and I can relate to lots of your comments. I have 5 stone to lose and I am determined do it..tired of my knees hurting when stand ..makes me old before my time. I would really appreciate support and give sipper and motivation along the way
  • corina175
    corina175 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Corina you have done so well! I am impressed! Try not to let this little setback defeat you. I too have the exact same "where'd this ice cream come from?" issue (or chips, cup of nuts, glass of wine or vodka drink...). I know what I am supposed to do, and know what stuff should not be in the house even, but in have absolutely no willpower when shopping and chips are buy. 1 get 1 free. Dear Lord, I don't need 1 and now I have 2. Sometimes my brain then does the "eat them all fast to get rid of them" suggestion, and it's a never ending battle. And I HATE to exercise, so thank God I have 2 strong dogs that have to be walked twice a day. Enough about me. YOU CAN DO THIS! If you step off for a minute, just get back on at the next meal and don't beat yourself up. Being aware is a first step! Keep up the great work!! Connie

• corina175
    corina175 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support Connie, right now I am trying to take it one day at a time, I am still so amazed at how much better I feel having taken off some weight, when i started to loose weight I could hardly walk to the end of the block without being winded and now I walk lots with no problems, I know in my head all of the things that I need to do just got to get my mind back in gear and do them. And quit buying ice cream...lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    dlksmith wrote: »
    I just turned 59 and put on so much weight the last 2 years going through the change but damnit that is done now.

I do need support because I only have one person that does support and help me with this and that is my daughter! I hope to find folks on here that encourage as I will do the same for you!

MFP has a Near or Post Menopausal Group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • cjschulting
    cjschulting Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all that I haven't had a chance to hello to! We all are here for a common goal and that's our health. I started the week fairly well but that is not today's story. Just all the wrong choices, all the wrong amounts. Lots on my mind and have terrible time sleeping. Sometimes it feels like an impossible hill to climb. I congratulate those of u who are doing well, pray for those struggling, and hope that tomorrow is better than today?
  • rachel1971mfp
    Options
    Just think what it will feel like when you reach the top of the hill ! Great , Just start a fresh tomorrow.
  • cjschulting
    cjschulting Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank u Rachel! Today was horrible! Praying for a good Monday. I I am not seeing too many posts and that is worrisome. When I don't post it means I am way off track! So how is everyone doing?
  • beverlyringhiser
    beverlyringhiser Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started out both Saturday and Sunday mornings well despite meeting my aunt and cousin for breakfast on Saturday. Then we had a graduation party. Even though I didn't overeat, the available foods were high in calories and I greatly surpassed my 1200 calorie goal by 800 calories! Omg! Sunday was a family cookout for father's day and I haven't worked up the courage to log the jalapeno popper dip, twice baked potatoes, broccoli salad, salmon, blackened grouper and deep fried grouper. Back on track today and going back to water aerobics tonight! Love hearing about everyone's triumphs and stumbles.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Even though I didn't overeat, the available foods were high in calories and I greatly surpassed my 1200 calorie goal by 800 calories!

Your profile says you have 26 lbs. to go. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight—which is way more than 1,200 calories.

The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Undereating won't get you to goal any more quickly. In fact, it usually leads to bingeing.

Have you read the Sexypants post? It's full of good, "how-to" information: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • rachel1971mfp
    Options
    Hi , going away for a couple of days with hubby at end of week , but really don't want to over eat , but just don't know if I will have the will power to stick to calorie counting ! Really don't what to come home get weighed and the weight is back on !
  • ConsueloBonito
    ConsueloBonito Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the trip Rachel! I'm doing the same, to my sister's house, where we usually drink a lot of good wine and eat a lot of good food. Lucky for me she is also trying to lose weight, so we're going to try for a spa week where we exercise daily to try to offset any bad food/drink. Hopefully we will be more mindful of that since we bot want to get rid of some excess baggage!

I had a bad week. Just could not get my mind in the game, and overrate my 1200 goal almost every day. Did get in some walking though, so that helped. Am trying to get back on track this week before the trip, is wish me luck! Good luck to all of you too! Add me if you need friends to help you stay accountable! Cheers!
  • allene13
    allene13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new again as well. I used this app 4 years ago and lost 40 lbs. but unfortunately I have gained it all back. Dlksmith, thanks for starting this thread. Cindy, I am 28 and it sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I have an unhealthy relationship with food as well that includes binge eating.
    Well done Cindy for passing up the pizza , that would have been a challenge for me !Welcome to cheri too ! Hopefully we will all help each other .
    Rachel I see you were up at 3:53 am. That would be disasterous for me. That is one of my issues. I don't sleep well, for example at 1:52 am I was up and feeling overwhelmed bc I have to be at work in 5.5 hours and hadn't slept. Plus Thursdays are 13 hour work day for me. So what do I do? I get up on these sleepless nights and eat cereal or whatever unhealthy comforting thing I can find!!! Last night I did better. I ate an 80 calorie fiber bar. Those sleepless nights are killers!! I can use everyone's support today bc being tired, working 13 hours makes it impossible to plan meals, and Thursday is "order out day" for the office.... it all spells trouble....lol.!!

I hope you all have a great day. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Try to get some activity and make healthy food choices. We can do this!!!

• ConsueloBonito
    Options
    Is there any way to edit typos? I meant "both" obviously, but my fingers moved on at "bot". DUHHH! Oh well...
  • allene13
    allene13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It really helps to hear how you are doing. I don't feel like I am the only one who struggles with food. This past weekend I went biking, which burned off calories, which is good, except I ate badly as well! Oh well! Congrats to everyone who lost weight! Any amount in the negative is good progress! Anyone have suggestions on how to stop stuffing my face while I am making dinner? It is so maddening. I tell myself it is stupid but I can't seems to stop! Of corse I still eat a full dinner.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    New again as well. I started in November 2012 at 205 and got all the way down to 155 but the last year or so I've gained 30 of that back. I'm on a mission to take off that 30 I put back on and that last 15 that was plaguing me. I know what I NEED to do, it's just doing it
  • sillymetwo
    sillymetwo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I am so happy I found this thread. I am trying again too. I am 62 yrs. old and weigh 170 lbs. I would like to lose 50 lbs. In 2011 I went down to 130 lbs. dieting and exercising. I gained it all back and more. Since then I have made several attempts to lose it, but failed each time. I am also on high blood pressure, cholesterol and acid reflux meds.

I am married for 26 years, no children, do have 9 goats, chickens and 3 dogs. I live in rural Alaska in a small village. I gained my weight going through menopause. I love food and love to eat, especially when I am happy.
    I would love to join you all. I promise to cut calories, exercise and login every day! Thank you all for the motivation! It’s the kick I needed!
  • ConsueloBonito
    Options
    Lconsla wrote: »
    New again as well. I started in November 2012 at 205 and got all the way down to 155 but the last year or so I've gained 30 of that back. I'm on a mission to take off that 30 I put back on and that last 15 that was plaguing me. I know what I NEED to do, it's just doing it

You hit the nail on the head! The hardest part is just doing what we know we need to do. It's amazing that this is so hard, but we are certainly creatures of habit and so many of us eat for all the wrong reasons. Best of luck with your mission!!
  • stephaneaaraujo
    stephaneaaraujo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie. I can ditto most everything said. I am 56 and nothing seems to help me be consistent. Maybe this will.
  • ConsueloBonito
    Options
    Good luck Stephanie! I'm 58 and the queen of inconsistency. One would think if you know what to do, it would be easy to do it. So why do I sit here typing and at the same time thinking about chips? Lol! Hope your night (or day) is going better!