Any good exercise to tone you stomach

2»

Replies

• aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    So basically keep doing cardio until I loss the fat on my stomach then work on toning it?

Yes. If you don't want your stomach/waist/hips to get bigger, doing exercises that stimulate those muscle groups is probably logical.

I'm not sure why you'd do deadlifts to encourage a smaller core. I do them to make mine much bigger....
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    So basically keep doing cardio until I loss the fat on my stomach then work on toning it?
    It's better to work on toning it while you work on losing the fat. I do these exercises & my stomach is a lot smaller than it was the first time I was at 135 cause the toning kinda sinched the area in.

This girl mixes cardio into her strength training workouts a lot of the time too so you'll burn extra calories.

http://www.blogilates.com/abs
    http://www.blogilates.com/obliques-or-muffintops
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member

No.
    Eat at a small deficit and lift heavy weight focusing on the big compound movements. I do very little no direct ab work and my core has gotten crazy strong from doing heavy lifts like squats and deadlifts.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member

Yes. If you don't want your stomach/waist/hips to get bigger, doing exercises that stimulate those muscle groups is probably logical.

I'm not sure why you'd do deadlifts to encourage a smaller core. I do them to make mine much bigger....

Umm...I've been deadlifting for about 9 months now and my midsection as only gotten smaller.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

no.

eat properly, and at a deficit. not too much though. you want to have plenty of energy to get through your work outs, and you want to lose this weight slow and steady to minimize things like stretch marks and lose skin.

cardio 2-3 days a week. walk, run, bike, swim, elliptical, zumba, whatever. it'll help burn some calories and build up your cardiovascular system.

strength train 3-4 days a week. plenty of great body weight exercises out there, as well as body pump classes, or traditional barbell training.

rest. very important. get plenty of sleep and enjoy a day off every week were all you do is some stretching.