my hips still the same!

Options
So ive lost like 12pds so far..... And ive been measuring my body! My last measure for my hips was 48 and my waist 38! Today i mesured my waist and its 36! And my hips 49! It went up! Why??????? My jeans still feel the same! Is it cuz of the 30 day squat challenge!

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Really could be. How often are you measuring yourself? I only do about once a month or even once every 2 months. If more than it is just kinda silly. Also do it the same way every time like sitting vs standing just try to make as much the same as you can.

Best of luck to you- stay with it :)
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. You may just not be losing in that part of your body yet. It's possible if you've built muscle in your thighs without losing fat there and that accounts for the extra inch. A lot of the time, where you lose weight on your body just depends on your natural body type. I was 248 in January 2012 and I didn't see any inches lost in my hips until I'd lost over 30lbs!! I'm finally down ONE jean size at 200lbs. I have been losing in my stomach and my boobs. Maybe you're like me and your body just likes to have thick thighs :)