When to post a loss?

Options
I was weight at a doctor's appointment, I did not join MFP until almost a week later ( 3 day's ago). I used the weight from the doctors office. I took my weight today at a different doctor appointment. I did loose almost 6 lbs. I am unsure if I should post the loss as it would only show as happening in 3 days. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Different doctor = different scales?
    It's better to use the same scale for your periodic weigh-ins, so unless you see the same doctor multiple times a year, I would get a scale to use at home or use the scale at your gym. I like a home scale because then you can always weigh yourself under the same conditions. I weigh myself on Saturdays, naked, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would just post the loss.

But then going forward make sure you eliminate as many variables. So use the same scales, same time of day etc

For me I weigh every Friday morning before breakfast, before my shower.

And be less concerned about daily or weekly fluctuations look at the trend over weeks.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Get scales at home and weigh under same conditions: time of day, clothes etc ...best first thing in morning, after bathroom, before food or drink and naked

• LadyTLaine
    LadyTLaine Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. :)
  • LadyTLaine
    LadyTLaine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think I might go with the scale that came with my Wii fit. As it seems to not only track it but I can make sure variables are always same