Avocado/Mackerel

Options
2»

Replies

• sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't stand avocado but I was wondering should I force myself to eat it for it's supposed good benefits or just find something else?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    sydneydeb wrote: »
    I can't stand avocado but I was wondering should I force myself to eat it for it's supposed good benefits or just find something else?

If you don't like it, don't eat it. There are other foods you can eat that will give you the same nutrition as avocado.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    One thing I always wonder. Do u weigh the whole avocado inc stone? Never quite sure!
  • mirlredmann
    mirlredmann Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Avocado turning brown doesn't harm you at all, it is only a matter of aesthetics.
    I put Avocado in Salad, along with shoots and sprouts and lemon juice. Eat it on whole-grain bread, as guacamole, in sushi rolls or in omelet. Try frying your avocado, it's delicious too.

Both mackerel and avocado keep you full forever, so it's worth eating them, don't you think? Just don't eat the whole thing and don't forget all the low-cal vegetables that you can use to considerably bulk up your meals...
  • BradWI
    BradWI Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do mackerel taste compared to sardines? I always see canned mackerel next to the sardines but have never tried them.