Is it possible to lose 50lbs by the end of October safely?

Options
I have a friends wedding coming up and have felt so self concious about my body since i gave birth, i would love to get back to my own wedding weight (not total goal weight) so i can feel good on the day and not hiding from every camera. Also there is a stunning dress id like to wear :p

Any advice on how to attack this safely and effectively? Would appreciate it so much

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Fifty pounds? No. Half that? Maybe.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    That sounds ambitious.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you weigh now and how much your wedding weight was.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    That's about 20 weeks away so you'd be aiming for slightly more than 2lbs/week, which is... possible, but very ambitious and not recommended. 2lbs/week is generally the maximum recommended rate of loss, and that's only for people that are very overweight. Once you hit a healthy weight, a goal of 0.5-1lb/week is more reasonable. And even then, weight loss isn't linear and it's hard to keep a perfect calorie deficit all the time, so you're not guaranteed to lose at that rate.

You're best off just eating the calories MFP has recommended, and accepting however much weight you've managed to lose by then.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Probably not

But you know what in that time you could be feeling a whole lot better about yourself if you follow a decent calorie defecit, move more and follow a progressive lifting programme

The weight you lose wouldn't matter so much .. but probably 20 -30lbs scale weight might be closer, but you will look and feel much better
  • LKMommy1
    LKMommy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that you could definitely get pretty close! It will take dedication but it will be worth it. :)
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's about 20 weeks away so you'd be aiming for slightly more than 2lbs/week, which is... possible, but very ambitious and not recommended. 2lbs/week is generally the maximum recommended rate of loss, and that's only for people that are very overweight. Once you hit a healthy weight, a goal of 0.5-1lb/week is more reasonable. And even then, weight loss isn't linear and it's hard to keep a perfect calorie deficit all the time, so you're not guaranteed to lose at that rate.

You're best off just eating the calories MFP has recommended, and accepting however much weight you've managed to lose by then.

Thank you. I know it is ambitious but aim high and all that. Even if i dont lose that much but try my hardest at least i can be proud of that
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Unless you're very overweight, that would be a stretch. I, too, have a friend's wedding in early October, but realize that the 40 lbs I want to lose probably won't happen. Still, you could achieve a good chunk of that if you work at it. Log all of your food, work out regularly, don't let yourself make excuses... and if you're down, say 30, but then, you'll already be feeling a lot more confident in yourself.

Best of luck!