Any suggestions?

Options
I've been doing this for a few weeks. Part of my plan is loosing 2lbs a week. I noticed that I am super tired. I'm also having trouble sleeping. Any suggestions?
I lead an active lifestyle and haven't incorporated a consistent exercise program yet. I do not have pop or any fast food in my diet. I haven't for a year or so.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Maybe two pounds per week is too aggressive for you. Maybe cut back to one or one and a half.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    2lb a week for someone with a low amount of weight to lose is aggressive, sounds like you could use additional nutrition, up your calories and aim for 1lb per week.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling tired a lot, then you probably need to eat more. I would bump it up a bit and see how you feel. Also, what are your macros? If you're going quite low on the carbs, then that can make you feel tired too.

Establishing a regular exercise regime will help with reaching your goal too, so I would work on getting that going.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If your ticker is accurate (only 18 lbs left to lose), you are definitely not getting enough calories. This will lead to you feeling hungry and tired all the time. Reduce your calorie deficit and weight loss rate to 0.50lb/week. Your calories will increase so you won't feel as hungry or tired. Just weigh your food and be accurate because the deficit will not be very large and can easily be wiped out if you aren't accurate at your logging.