Back in the saddle again

Hello MFPers.

I'm fairly new here, starting to get a feel around, simply logging what I currently eat and the exercise I'm doing. I'm back at it again, after dropping almost 30 pounds over the last year and a half before dropping off, but at least maintaining at where I stopped. I still have about 15 pounds to go before I hit my goal weight, so I'm here to do just that.

I just bought a fitbit and got it in yesterday to help track the steps I'm taking throughout the day (I work at a desk job, but try to get up and take a couple of laps around the building each hour) and just plain motivate.

I'm not alone in my journey, as my boyfriend is also wanting to lose weight and get healthier in general (for me, I would like to get back into 5k shape eventually I would like to do half-marathons, mud runs, warrior dashes and stuff like that. He would like to get back to roadrace shape since he enjoys cycling and would like to get back to doing the MS150). Currently, I'm doing walking/jogging a couple of days a week (following a map my run training program), bodyweight strength training 3 days a week (fitocracy 7 minute routine), yoga several times a week (yoga daily beginner/intro program), and company sand volleyball once a week.

I'm just still looking around here, trying to take in as much information as possible, and looking for some guidance.

And for fun, as it was something the bf and I were discussing, do you color-coordinate your workout/health stuff? I'm in the process of getting all my workout clothes and related, with the goal of lime and black (I have a cart on Nike's website just waiting for me).

Replies

• pretty_janisa
    pretty_janisa Posts: 3 Member
    Wow. What a great work out program. I'm needing to lose 15 pounds after giving birth 2 years ago. I got lost in motherhood and put on alot! Reading how dedicated you are is inspiring.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks. I'm trying to make sure I get in a little bit of everything (jogging and strength training), trying some new stuff (yoga), and doing something I enjoy (volleyball).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks. I've joined the fitbit group and will look around for friends to add. :)