Looked into FitBit, should I consider Jawbone UP?

Options
13»

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge HR. I haven't run out of battery because every few days I plug it in while having one of my showers/getting ready . It doesn't take long. It's kind of like a phone ...I charge that, so this isn't really much different. I take off to have shower anyhow so meh, it gets charged enough. I haven't noticed that much drain but it would maybe make 5 days if you weren't playing with it all the time checking stats, etc.

I don't have my fitbit synced to MFP. I keep separate for now because it seems like more of a headache. I think that the app is nice, and I like the stats it tracks. It was worth the cost for me because it's worked for my main objective: to encourage myself to move more. Second, I use to gauge how many calories are burned during some cardio workouts. I think it's pretty accurate. There is a small delay in heartrate at times when you go from resting to intense pretty quick lol. But other than that, it's pretty good!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I love my Jawbone!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Fitbit One. DH and I have both been very happy with ours, if you don't care about the HR monitor it is very accurate for both of us. It records steps and floors climbed, and tracks sleep. I clip mine on my bra, and DH clips it in the watch pocket or waist of his pants. You can get them around $99. I personally like that I don't have to wear it on my wrist.
  • bambione
    bambione Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up Move. I just got it a few days ago and I love it. At first I couldn't decide what to get. I originally wanted a watch like tracker but this one is a clip on. I have it clipped to my bra and never even notice it's there. I have the Up app on my IPad and it sinks with that via blue tooth. Also MFP is linked to it as well. I watched a few you tube videos about it before I made my purchase. You can buy it directly from Jawbone or I got mine from Amazon. The best part was the price. On sale for 39.99. So far I love it. It's really motivating me to get up and move and go on walks to get my 10,000 steps.
  • tam71
    tam71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Jawbone UP24 yesterday. I'm liking it. I was going to buy a Fitbit Flex but after a bit of research I think the Jawbone UP24 is slightly better and has a better app.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've had my Jawbone up24 since Dec 2014. No problems with Bluetooth or data yranfers between apps. I ha e it synced with MFP and its just awesome. Been thinking of upgrading to the newsest version for heart rate tracking. Wish y friend ds used it so I could ha e buddies on my app but no biggie it's got me exploring MFP more!
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting the Jawbone up24 because I would rather spend $55 and not like it than $120. I have only used it for one full day but I notice I don't swing my arm much because I always carry stuff with it.

I may only use it for a week, see what kind of numbers I get between daily work days, days I walk to and from work, days I run and days I play ball and the sell it or take it back to the store. I don't know if it will help me to have it all the time
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Following this thread, as I was looking to get a tracker for DH for Father's Day. How does the Fitbit HR track your heart rate? Do you have to wear a chest strap? I would think DH wouldn't mind wearing one while jogging, but curious how it would accurately track throughout the day.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Following this thread, as I was looking to get a tracker for DH for Father's Day. How does the Fitbit HR track your heart rate? Do you have to wear a chest strap? I would think DH wouldn't mind wearing one while jogging, but curious how it would accurately track throughout the day.

Fitbit Charge HR & Surge are wristbands. No chest strap.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    MamaFunky wrote: »

Fitbit Charge HR & Surge are wristbands. No chest strap.

ok, thank you! That is what I thought. I think DH would like that better.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've had my Jawbone up24 since Dec 2014. No problems with Bluetooth or data yranfers between apps. I ha e it synced with MFP and its just awesome. Been thinking of upgrading to the newsest version for heart rate tracking. Wish y friend ds used it so I could ha e buddies on my app but no biggie it's got me exploring MFP more!

The heart rate sensors in the UP3 don't work throughout the day. Jawbone keeps saying they'll release a firmware update.

You can find teammates in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Force, and the strap fell apart after a year (came detached from the actual monitoring portion of the device). The service was awesome: they gave me the full refund they were offering for the recall (some had issues with a metal part of the clasp) which was $149...nearly the cost of the Fitbit Charge HR. So I got to start over with a new device for virtually nothing. Also, I have read online about people who have lost or broken their Fitbit products and have said how gracious Fitbit was to replace at no cost. I am very impressed with the products and ongoing service! I take the burned calories with a grain of salt because I've read that across the board, most of these devices are a little generous on what's actually burned, but it's still good intel generally. Works great for me!