Chicken breast recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• goodfellatv
    goodfellatv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you like it on the grill, go out and buy a good heavy duty cast iron pan. Season the chicken with a mesquite rub or seasoning and get your cast iron pan rocket hot. Let the chicken rest for about 15 minutes out of the fridge before you cook it. Once the pan is hot coat it with a little olive oil and then add the chicken. Sear both sides and lower the heat (so not to burn the chicken) and cook through. I find this is a reasonable substitute for grilled chicken during the cold winter months.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I throw it in crock pot with whatever I'm feeling--sometimes rotel and some spices (cumin, garlic powder) for an easy taco stuffing or taco salad. I like to throw in buffalo sauce (Franks) for sandwiches or by itself. I'll do BBQ sauce... each of those shreds up nicely in the crockpot, and I've never had an issue with them being dry, but it's certainly easy to make dry chicken.

I like to do cajun chicken... throw it in a Wok or frying pan with a tiny bit of oil, bell peppers, onions, maybe shrimp, and cajun seasoning. Chicken fried rice is good too--peas, carrots, egg, onion, chicken, sesame oil (not a ton), and rice.

I like kabobs, but if you grill, you probably already do those.

Oh! Chicken parmesan, white chicken chili, chicken salad... I got a lot of these from being bored with whatever I was doing with chicken and just going to skinnytaste or similar website and looking up chicken breast recipes. There's so much out there!
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Smothered Jalapeno Popper Chicken
    Ingredients
    6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
    salt and pepper to taste
    For the Jalapeno Popper Layer
    1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced (the kind in the jar that you put on nachos)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan
    For the Topping
    1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken breast in a 13×9 casserole dish and bake until juices run clear. 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the breast. While chicken is baking, mix jalapenos, cream cheese, low fat mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Remove chicken from oven and reduce to 350 degrees. Spread jalapeno popper mixture all over each Chicken breast until well covered.
    For the topping Parmesan cheese Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!!!