Formula for Meeting Calorie Goal & Feeling Satisfied

Options
noel2fit
noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
I know I could technically eat one Taco Bell crunch wrap and a pepsi each day and meet my daily calorie goal to lose weight, but that doesn't sound like a formula for happiness and satisfaction. Does anyone out there who's been doing this for a while have a formula for success they wouldn't mind sharing?

For example I'm finding keeping my snacks between 100- 200 calories helps me meet my goal, but bigger snacks sets me up for failure come dinner time (and dessert...). Anyone eat the same or similar meals a lot or have a calorie number/ macro combo you strive to reach for meals and snacks?

Replies

• AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In general, protein and fat are the two macros that are most satisfying and last the longest. Carbs may make you feel initially full, but they are quickly burned up as fuel. Fat is a slower burning so you will be satisfied for longer. If you're open to reworking your macros, enjoy fat and protein sources, and aren't doing extremely strenuous exercise, you could give low carb a try. A lot of people are anti-low carb, but I used to have a raging appetite that has recently been calmed way down by doing a low carb/high fat diet. Just a suggestion, I hope you find something that works for you!
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also drink plenty of water!