Burn...Grannie...Burn!

Options
13»

Replies

• Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty!! But glad you are getting sunscreen :-)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty!! But glad you are getting sunscreen :-)

Besides buying the spray on 50 SPF sunscreen today. I ordered Total Insurance Burn Relief With Aloe Step 3 which an MFP sister recommend for post-sun treatment. Supposedly, it is better tan aloe and can actually repair sun damage and help moisture enough to stop peeling.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, but please do wear the sunscreen. I've had skin cancer on my nose and I won't go without it (everyday) on my face. I'm lucky enough to have a pool at here at the house but don't use it nearly enough. I think I will begin getting some color myself. You've encouraged this grannie!!! Thanks. And keep up the great work!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    53 pounds lost, confidence and a little hue on your skin. Burn Grannie Burn. You go girl. :flowerforyou:
  • joycandelaria
    Options
    Very nice! You look terrific.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Definitely a big success story! You and your husband are so cute. :flowerforyou:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,005 Member
    Options
    I read your blog about your fears of the pool (and swimsuit), and I'm so glad that you're enjoying swimming.:drinker:

Aloe vera is great for sunburn and any skin problems. Since you live in the desert, you should get an aloe plant. Then slather on that sunscreen, and swim like crazy!

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I read your blog about your fears of the pool (and swimsuit), and I'm so glad that you're enjoying swimming.:drinker:

Aloe vera is great for sunburn and any skin problems. Since you live in the desert, you should get an aloe plant. Then slather on that sunscreen, and swim like crazy!

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:

I order a special lotion that is supposed to 'heal burns', moisturize and reduce peeling...and claims to be better than aloe. We will see.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the aloe, but hope your cream is that good.

I am so happy reading this story. I'm so glad you finally did it, and it sounds like you are having a great time, and so is your husband...:bigsmile: keep it up you two. The happy sunshines are good for you! And so is the applying of the sunscreen, especially the way you two are. :glasses:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are a really hot looking grandma now and hubby is loving it I have noticed! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That was nine months ago. Now I swim five times a week, doing 40 lengths in one hour, and have lost 30+ pounds.

Wow! That's 20 laps of the pool. I have only been in the pool for this short week. My best effort was 15 laps today in 45 minutes, and I really felt those last 5 laps; but I kept going. Maybe...some day, I can go for 20; but not this week.

You're doing just great! I started at 5 laps, then 10, then 15. It was quite a few weeks before I managed 20. Your time of 15 laps in 45 mins is exactly the same as mine. Keep chipping away at it, slowly but surely, and you'll be surprised how easy 20 will become. I could even carry on and do a few more laps but I think one hour in the water is probably enough. I have rheumatoid arthritis, though my disability is not as severe as yours seems to be. My rheumatologist says swimming is the perfect exercise as the buoyancy of the water takes all the stress from the joints. Like you, I can't tolerate the cold, and am so pleased that summer is here now (in Hong Kong). Good luck. You've terrific energy and willpower to have lost so much weight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!