Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What happens when you eat a ton of protein?

kglading
kglading Posts: 80 Member
I eat so much tuna, veggie burgers, protein bars, that my little thing that keeps track of everything eats says that I'm eating more protein than I should. Is this bad, or can I keep on keepin' on?

Replies

• gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    If you are strength training and eating the proper amount of fat to help process the protein properly then it is a good thing. I try to get at least a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight a day.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    I have been aiming to exceed my protein not just eating what mfp says cause I q, trying to build muscle. If u r only eating protein u might get constipated.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    MFP protein recommendations are generally agreed to be a bit on the low side. This is especially true if your doing any sort of resistance work. Most experienced people on here either set a custom protein target, or just leave the MFP one where it is and do their own thing anyway.

Example: I set mine to about 160g of protein a day, which gives me about 1.5g/lb of LBM a day. Before I set mine to my custom target MFP told me daily I was 80-100g over on my protein. I ignored it. :)
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    bump