How to do IIFYM?

Options
So I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my macros and I don't think I'm doing this right, so far I've calculated carbs: 135 protein: 181 and fat: 47 then I found another macro calculator and it gave me carbs: 52 protein 174 and fat: 33 if there's anyone that knows how to properly calculate macros can you please help me figure it out? I'm 23 and I weigh about 211 and I'm 5'5 my workout routine changes from nothing to about 200cals burned per work out

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you put your stats into this website, it will tell you what you should eat to lose weight. You can set it to maintain, lose 1 or 2 pounds per week. I follow this website since it's the most accurate one that I have found. Good luck dear on this journey!

I also use another site that calculates and this is what your macros would be to lose weight:
    1646 CALORIES PER DAY

135g - 32.7% --- Carbs

174g - 42.3% --- Protein

46g =25.0% --- Fat
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    firecutie18 is right; just make sure you are eating at least 1200 calories a day. It will help you maintain muscle mass. Also, as you are able include weight lifting; it will increase your muscle mass which will increase your metabolism (and burn calories). Good luck; you can do it!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I used this post to set my macros: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets and I know others who've had good results from it. But the Y in IIFYM is important. Your macros. There are a lot of different variables that you can use when you set them, including things like personal preference and what just makes you feel good. Don't be afraid to play around and see what works best for you.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal is iifym in a nutshell...lol, actually, one of the best methods to 'track' one's macros....anyhow. i love the app, but i would personally suggest keeping to what myfitnesspal has you 'set' for in the beginning......once you see some progress, feel free to deviate....also, don't get too bent outta shape about 'calories burned' - esp. if you are getting this data from myfitnesspal itself....i've found some of the calorie burn data is grossly overestimated, IMHO ;) anyway.....so id be curious how you are coming up with 200 calories burned per workout....is that, from mfp? fitbit? a heart rate monitor?