don't wana give up but............

I am trying to loose 10pounds since Feb 2013 and haven't succeeded yet.....I always try to eat healthy food with 5 days of exercise/Yoga but all in vain. I am 5'6'' with wt of 137lbs.MFP has recommended me 1370Cals and i usually eat this much cals (some day more some days less than that)

I was enthusiastic at the beginning but now i am loosing hopes :(

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    It sounds weird but maybe your body just needs a break. 1300 is pretty low, you're already at a healthy weight, so you probably want to work on body composition. Up Your calories to 1500 for a month or two and see if that helps. Make sure you're doing some strength/resistance training as well. A lot of folks add it into their program and lose inches/get sexy definition, even if the scale doesn't move.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Hi! Don't give up. I think you just need to re-evaluate your goals.

At 5'6" and 137lbs, you are well within your healthy range, so losing weight will be harder. Your best bet would be to set your goal to lose 0.5lb a week at most.

Also, it might not be weight that you need to lose. I'm guessing that you don't like how your body actually looks at the minute. If that is the case, then start some strength training, whether that be body weight training or weight lifting. Find out your body fat % and aim for a healthy % rather than a specific weight.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    ^^^^What those guys said.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    It sounds weird but maybe your body just needs a break. 1300 is pretty low, you're already at a healthy weight, so you probably want to work on body composition. Up Your calories to 1500 for a month or two and see if that helps. Make sure you're doing some strength/resistance training as well. A lot of folks add it into their program and lose inches/get sexy definition, even if the scale doesn't move.

yup
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks guys....Ok i will try to increase my calories intake and to include some strength training...i know i am not over weight but i want to shed some kilos.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    hmmm thas sounds exactly what i want...u r right m not happy with some FATTY parts of my body and thanks for your suggestion...i would set my goals as per your suggestions