Breakfast ideas for gaining weight

Options
Looking for some good ideas for breakfast for putting on weight. I'm highly active and a thin guy with a fast pace manual job. Due to my lunch breaks I have breakfast at 5.30am and do not get a chance to eat till 11 and then again at 4.30. Any weight gaining tips would be appreciated.

Thanks lee!

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bacon

eat it for dinner too

and lunch if you can
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Looking for some good ideas for breakfast for putting on weight. I'm highly active and a thin guy with a fast pace manual job. Due to my lunch breaks I have breakfast at 5.30am and do not get a chance to eat till 11 and then again at 4.30. Any weight gaining tips would be appreciated.

Thanks lee!

Take a shaker bottle and add 1 to 2 scoops of whey protein, 1/2 to 1c quick oats (dry), 1 to 2 c whole milk, 2tbps peanut butter. Shake that mug like it owes you money, drink up.

Or bacon.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Dang I wish my problem was needing to gain weight haha
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    bacon

eat it for dinner too

and lunch if you can

You will smell like bacon. Your house will smell like bacon. Your clothes will smell like bacon. Your work items will smell like bacon.

Silver lining is you can save all of the money you were going to spend on bacon scented candles and bacon scented soap. So there's that :D
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Thanks lee!

Take a shaker bottle and add 1 to 2 scoops of whey protein, 1/2 to 1c quick oats (dry), 1 to 2 c whole milk, 2tbps peanut butter. Shake that mug like it owes you money, drink up.

Or bacon.

that sounds pretty good, maybe you could add some bacon to that shake
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I once had a Bloody Mary with a strip of bacon in it...

So there's that...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Tons of options. If you have time for breakfast, and "full meal" for breakfast would be a fair amount of calories. Examples: eggs and sausage (sorry, I've always preferred sausage to bacon), biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, pancakes with eggs, oatmeal with tons of add ins (peanut butter, made with milk and/or cream), etc.

If you're needing breakfast in a hurry, then the shake recommended by Sidesteel would bee a good go to. You could also do overnight oats, which is essentially soaking oatmeal overnight in the fridge and can be eaten cold or you can heat them later. Again, you can add tons of calories by adding yogurt, granola, peanut butter, whole milk/cream, etc.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Tons of options. If you have time for breakfast, and "full meal" for breakfast would be a fair amount of calories. Examples: eggs and sausage (sorry, I've always preferred sausage to bacon), biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, pancakes with eggs, oatmeal with tons of add ins (peanut butter, made with milk and/or cream), etc.

If you're needing breakfast in a hurry, then the shake recommended by Sidesteel would bee a good go to. You could also do overnight oats, which is essentially soaking oatmeal overnight in the fridge and can be eaten cold or you can heat them later. Again, you can add tons of calories by adding yogurt, granola, peanut butter, whole milk/cream, etc.

OP, the oatmeal/porridge option above is what I have most mornings. 3 scoops, with 4 scoops of full fat milk, banana, one scoop of flaxseed, sunflower seed and millseed, a tablespoon of jam and a teaspoon of honey. Peanut butter is good to add in as well. I just don't have the space.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying to drink some calories between meals - make smoothies/shakes and drink these instead of water between meals.

In terms of breakfast - whole eggs (omelettes with vegies and cheese), meat or sausages with vegies and avo. Toast/cereal/granola. Curry/rice for a "non breakfast" option. Full fat dairy - yoghurt with protein powder, granola, fruit, nut butters etc.
  • JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, 2 table spoons of coconut oil, peanut butter on some toast, depending how sensitive to carbs you're, preference will make the toast matter. I would recommend a protein shake, or protein powder with a few eggs how ever you want to cook them or eat them raw. People believe they get fat from fat, but it's really sugar and carbs or to many overall calories so, slowly increase calories like 150-200 at the start. Adjust accordingly and take measurements don't just go by the scale.

Oatmeal is kinda of good, but you need eat a lot for calories and it will keep you full longer. I would stay with a high healthy fat/protein breakfast. Eat carbs at night or before a workout. The rest is up to you how you want to approach weight gain and muscle gain. Anyone can really gain weight, few really gain real muscle.

Biggest weight gain tip, don't yo-yo your diet, you'll always be bulking or cutting, this is a long term lifestyle it's better to gain weight, aka muscle over time. A lot of people can do a good bulk or cut, but the majority fail hard and when they get to fat, they now need to lose it and lose muscle in the process.
  • donk2901
    donk2901 Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lard I drink it neat
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    If only this were my problem.

Carb it up. Pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, donuts, hashbrowns etc.
    Protein it up. Eggs (fried, scrambled, omelette, etc), bacon, sausage, protein shakes, etc.
    Fatten it up. Butter, bacon again, peanut butter, avocado, etc.

The simple answer is to eat what you like, but eat more of it. Weight gain isn't about WHAT you eat, it's about HOW MUCH you eat. So, eat larger servings of everything you like. Easy!

Mmmm...now I'm thinking about thick, fluffy pancakes topped with whipped butter, peanut butter, and warm maple syrup along with some cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon on the side. Damn you!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    s_y8s wrote: »
    Dang I wish my problem was needing to gain weight haha

Was thinking that myself. lol

• kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to have an Ensure , two eggs , two super buttered sweet toasts , two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches , yogurt with blueberries , granola and honey , and Mac n cheese .
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Don't & won't ever have this issue but: waffles made with protein powder, whipped cream & fruit. Yum.
  • crin766
    crin766 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My breakfast consists of 1 scoop whey protein, 2 of ultra fine oats, 1 large banana, tablespoon of peanut butter and a pint of full fat milk. At ten I have a can of tuna on toast with olive oil. That keeps me going til lunch at half 12.