Peers round the door - Hello

Options
Morning,

I am a complete newbie here and after spending most of my life on diets I am finally trying the most sensible... calorie counting and exercise!! I have 5ish stone to lose and hate exercise but have joined the gym this week and am trying to make the effort, did 30 minutes this morning and gained 150 calories so that was good and now feel ready for a good day ahead.

I must admit I am a member on Weight Loss Resources, but someone at work told me about you over here and I am converted, love the bar code scanner for logging food!!!

So, please be gentle with me I am a chronic comfort / binge eater, hence the 5 stone to lose!!!

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Kate
xx

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are getting active. Don't be too hard on yourself it takes a while to get going. I myself have been exercising regularly and eating better for the last 3 months and lost 22 pounds, what I can say that some days are easier than others. Just a question what is a stone?

Lisa
  • sandieecakes
    Options
    I think it is great that you are getting active. Don't be too hard on yourself it takes a while to get going. I myself have been exercising regularly and eating better for the last 3 months and lost 22 pounds, what I can say that some days are easier than others. Just a question what is a stone?

Lisa

A stone is a unit of mass in the Imperial system of weights and measures used in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and most Commonwealth countries. It is equal to 14 pounds avoirdupois, or 6.35029318 kilograms. Being from America I count good 'ol "pounds." ha ha
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info...I'm from Canada and am partial to pounds myself.
  • Katiecrunch1972
    Katiecrunch1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello and SNAP....we sound very similar in our habits.

I eat when stressed, upset, bored, especially when I am celebrating as it seems justified then!!! My favourite foods all contain lots of sugar. I know what I should eat but keep slipping up and end up back to my old tricks.

We should keep in touch and try and keep each other going as we joined on the same day.

Good Luck

Katie X
  • Molly250
    Molly250 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello I'm from the UK too! This is my umpteenth attempt I have 2 stone to loose!
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome. Being here is a step in the right direction. We are all in this together. Good luck!
  • raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal :smile: