when I wave goodbye. I stop,but my arm is still jiggling .

Options
My arms are a mess!! Any ideas?Joined a gym and toning is not working

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Heya. Toning is not working because it's not a thing. You want to reduce body fat in general by eating at a calorie deficit. You can't choose where it will come. If you strength train and eat the appropriate amount of protein, you can save more muscle (you lose muscle AND fat when you lose "weight"), which will give you a more "toned" look you most likely desire.

I used to be embarrassed of my arms and now I love them. Strength training on a deficit worked wonders.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Heya. Toning is not working because it's not a thing. You want to reduce body fat in general by eating at a calorie deficit. You can't choose where it will come. If you strength train and eat the appropriate amount of protein, you can save more muscle (you lose muscle AND fat when you lose "weight"), which will give you a more "toned" look you most likely desire.

I used to be embarrassed of my arms and now I love them. Strength training on a deficit worked wonders.

In addition to this, OP I would like to encourage you and tell you that your arms are very polite.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

In addition to this, OP I would like to encourage you and tell you that your arms are very polite.

hehe. Agreed.

OP, what kinds of workouts are you doing in the gym? How is your logging/deficit going?
  • thompsonmurdock
    thompsonmurdock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on this program. I've lost 80 lbs and I stay away from sugar. I have muscle in my arms but been doing cardio and strength training for 4 months. I just can't get the definition I want.. Ugh.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    lift heavy-*kitten* weights with proper form for many months and you'll get arms so well defined even webster's dictionary will be jealous