Handheld Vac For Abs?

Options
br3adman
br3adman Posts: 284 Member
If you bend over vacuum your entire floor with a handled coming up ever 10 seconds will that be a great ab exercise? Instead of doing boring toe touches this seems to keep the mind busy on the task

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    That's the one weird trick that trainers hate because the calorie burn is so incredible that it equals 100 workouts and it is putting trainers out of business everywhere. True story.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yes. You can spend 30min a day doing toe touches or 30 mins doing this. Might be silly but I'll try it after work and see
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    br3adman wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yes. You can spend 30min a day doing toe touches or 30 mins doing this. Might be silly but I'll try it after work and see

So you're saying all I have to do to get a glorious six pack is touch my toes every day?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    If you bend over vacuum your entire floor with a handled coming up ever 10 seconds will that be a great ab exercise? Instead of doing boring toe touches this seems to keep the mind busy on the task

Before we even begin to discuss the abdominal implications of this astounding development, let me ask: Have you ever TRIED vacuuming an entire floor with a handheld? Hint: the battery will probably give up before you do unless you are truly out of shape.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    But if toe touches bore you, maybe you should put a magazine by your feet so you can read and work out at the same time.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    Or better yet, a pop-up book
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    That's the one weird trick that trainers hate because the calorie burn is so incredible that it equals 100 workouts and it is putting trainers out of business everywhere. True story.

Well done sir, well done.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?

The real question is, who would do toe touches for 30 minutes?

Crazy people, that's who.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Is he talking about vacuuming as in cleaning? And bending over and then standing up? I think some HIIT might get you that 6pack quicker and a calorie deficit
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I feel very sorry for your lower back...
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    I just sing heads shoulders knees and toes until I vomit.

I am ripped now.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You have 125 lbs to lose, but think that touching your toes will get you visible abs?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Aaaaa, now I get it! OP, do you realise than when doing crunches and sit ups you are working your abs because you are lifting your upper body from the floor, working against gravity? It is not the touching your toes part that is working your abs!!!