Always Hungry After Chicken

Aviflora
Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
edited June 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone!

So the last week or so, I've been having chicken for supper (roughly 4-5 oz), in addition to a BIG helping of roasted veggies (carrots, zucchini, summer squash, and broccoli) in a pita wrap. For "dessert", I always finish off with a 5.3oz container of vanilla greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries. And naturally, all of this is consumed with 2-4 cups of water.

My issue is, a few hours later, I'm insatiable! I don't log my calories on here but I count up a rough estimate in a notebook, which generally shows me that I'm on the right track (between 1400-1500 a day).

If I eat two eggs, I'm full for half the day! So why am I so hungry after a good serving of chicken?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Try doubling the chicken and veggies and skiping the yogurt dessert.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Have you tried adding fat? Avo? Nuts? Chicken thigh... The meal sounds very carby(besides the protein), some fat may make it "last" longer.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Agree with both posters above. Have a 7-8 oz piece of chicken (full breast) with the skin/fat on. It's also cheaper and tastier (imo).
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I agree with adding fat. If I eat a wrap with chicken breast + hummus with tahina or a wrap with chicken + full fat cheddar cheese I'm full forever. If I eat a salad with no fat on it, even if it's loaded with light meat tuna in brine for the protein, I'm still starving after 30 minutes to an hour. Fat is your friend!