Instant Homemade Strawberry Sorbet (no ice cream maker!)

rachelprogress
rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
I've just gotten a Vitamix blender and I've been experimenting with lots of different summertime recipes. My favorite and most successful so far has to be Strawberry Sorbet. One recipe makes a whopping bowl full, easily enough to serve 2. Double it for a dessert for the family!

225g (~8oz) frozen strawberries
120ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp coconut extract

(optional) pinch of xanthan gum (just for texture)
(optional) sweeten to taste with 1-3 packets Splenda, tsp Stevia, little bit of honey, etc.

Throw this all in a high powered blender and you'll have a delicious sorbet in under a minute!

For the entire recipe:
135 cal - 21 carbs - 4 carbs - 3 protein
Yum!

Replies

• rachelprogress
    Oops, that should read:
    For the entire recipe:
    135 cal - 21 carb - 4 fat - 3 protein
    Yum!
  • Sounds wonderful ... thanks ... this will work with any berry, peaches, etc. Better than buying the pre-made light stuff out of ice cream case at the store.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    I was just about to go blend some frozen berries :) I'm gonna add some soy yogurt though.
  • rachelprogress
    Sounds wonderful ... thanks ... this will work with any berry, peaches, etc. Better than buying the pre-made light stuff out of ice cream case at the store.

It definitely will! I'm abroad so my selection of frozen fruits is rather limited compared to back in America... but I've had good luck with raspberries and blackberries too.
  • carriepbm
    carriepbm Posts: 61 Member
    Sounds oh so yummy and cooling with the summer heat soon to arrive.
    Definitely going to try a mixed fruit version today! Thanks.
  • Mmm, that sounds delicious. I'd love to try it with blueberries. :)
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Sounds amazing. I might have to try this the next time I am around a blender.
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    BUMP