Bananas??

Options
2»

Replies

• SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Barring some kind of health issue, no food is off limits, as long as you eat them with moderation. All that is needed for weight loss is a calorie deficit.

Exactly! I dont restrict ANYTHING. And I have to say Id DIE without Bananas. I LOVE THEM> Perfect for a pre-workout snack, loaded with Potassium ( A NECESSITY for good health). Dont scrap bananas, thats total BS. :)
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE BANANAS!

Ripe bananas are great. I eat one before every workout. Love bananas. They are full of potassium also which I like to help counteract the effects of occasional excess sodium.

Great pre-workout. The natural sugars and carbs are in a form that your body absorbs quickly and gives you energy for the workouts (and burns off quickly during the workout or so I have been told). lots of vitamins and minerals. High in potassium which helps prevent/alleviate leg cramps. I eat at least 1 a day usually about 30 minutes pre-workout.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Yeah, everyone's obese because of ****in' bananas...

/sarcasm

Who comes up with this ****?

Ha ha, I've seen the anti banana campaign floating around..TOTAL MALARKEY!
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bananas are a fruit - it has potassium for one thing that we need. So you ask if bananas are ok? well a lot of people will say dont eat a banana coz of the starch but then they choose diet soda, fake tv diet dinners, sucrose, saccarine, fake sugar, fake nasty cheese, diet snacks, diet chips, diet cookies, diet hamburgers, diet pies, and then, pick on the poor little lonely fresh fruit healthy banana! think about it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. I usually eat bananas a few times a week. It's good for post workout. I had one with my coconut protein cake yesterday.
  • jnativ
    jnativ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    potassium helps with avoiding cramps during exercise too
    everything in moderation :D