Already living/eating clean, 10 lbs to lose!

Options
Hey MFP community! I hope there's others in the same boat as me. I'm a 25 yr old who lives an active lifestyle and follows a 80/20 diet (80% clean, 20% flexible). I've hit a point where there's 10 lbs of body fat I want GONE!

During any given week, I take an intense spin class, run +/- 15 miles and lift twice. My diary is open if you want to take a look, but I stick to a 50/25/25 CFP diet.

I'm not sure what the next step is to getting rid of the body fat. I understand muscle weighs more, and the TRUE indicator is inches lost not the # on the scale. I use Advocare products and am in the middle of a 24 Day Challenge, although it hasn't been as strict as some in the past.

Any feedback is appreciated! Feel free to add me if we can be mutually encouraging :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Since you are not trying to lose a lot, I highly recommend you begin weighing your food. I notice you have a lot of foods in your diary that can vary significantly in weight -- you could be eating more than you think.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories. By your diary, it looks like you aren't weighing your food, so I'd start with that and improve the accuracy of your logging. You're also over your calorie goal quite often. Those two things combined are probably screwing your deficit.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Fat loss comes from a calorie deficit, so if you're not lose weight, it's because you're not eating in a deficit. Have you got your calorie goal set to lose weight? If not, change your goals to lose half a pound a week. Also looking through your diary it looks like you're not weighing your food - everything is in cups or scoops or spoons or whatever. If you find you're not losing weight doing this then the first thing to do is to start weighing everything so you know exactly how many calories you're eating. Good luck!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Log your food so you know how many calories you are eating, then eat less. With just 10 pounds to lose, half a pound a week is a good goal. A pound is 3500 calories so 3500 divided by 2 is 1750. Divide that by 7 days a week =250. So eat 250 calories a day less than you are eating now, assuming you're maintaining your weight now and don't change your physical activity.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories.

Clean/Advocare/'muscle weighs more' is all blah blah blah and has nothing to do with fat loss.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight or just fat? Many people have lost body fat and gained muscle by bodybuilding/ lifting weights.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Are you trying to lose weight or just fat? Many people have lost body fat and gained muscle by bodybuilding/ lifting weights.

Answered in the OP

I've hit a point where there's 10 lbs of body fat I want GONE!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are you using a food scale OP?

and clean, advocare, etc has nothing to do with losing body fat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    oh - are you eating back 100% of exercise calories? What is your current training program?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yep, just goes to show it doesn't matter how 'clean' you eat, if you aren't eating at a deficit you will not lose weight.

I would also recommend getting a digital food scale and measuring everything, not relying solely on the MFP database for calorie counts and definitely not for exercise calories burnt (most people recommend either halving or subtracting a third of what MFP says you have burned and logging that).