Diary

Hey Everyone,

First full day of logging accurately since I've been back to MFP.

Can someone take a look at my diary today so far and let me know what they think?
Thanks!

Replies

  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Consider purchasing a food scale and weigh all of your solids.

    For today, eat more. You're still short 556 calories.
  • LenaGracie
    LenaGracie Posts: 13 Member
    Sounds delicious! :)
    However, I would reccomend getting a food scale so that your logging is more accurate. Entries like "one handful of berries" is very subjective, meaning your "handful" could be twice the size of someone else's "handful."
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    It looks like a good assortment of foods. The only thing I would say is to get a scale and weigh the food and measure the liquids. 1/2 c calories of something may actually be more than you realize when weighed. Your total calories could be off quite a bit because of not weighing. Just something to keep in mind if you find you aren't seeing progress.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    That's a lovely lunch salad. Get used to measuring. A handful of blueberries can be many things.
  • gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    The only thing I didn't weigh was my blueberries. For milk I use a measuring cup along with my fiber 1 cereal is that accurate?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    gs0403 wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't weigh was my blueberries. For milk I use a measuring cup along with my fiber 1 cereal is that accurate?

    Weigh ALL solids. Measuring cups are fine for liquids, unless you get a food scale that has a ml setting.
  • gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    gs0403 wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't weigh was my blueberries. For milk I use a measuring cup along with my fiber 1 cereal is that accurate?

    Weigh ALL solids. Measuring cups are fine for liquids, unless you get a food scale that has a ml setting.

    Thank you!
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 307 Member
    Measuring cups also can be inaccurate. It's not the cup, it's the label. Nutrition labels can be up to 20% off - which is a lot of calories! I've found that many labels will say something like 3/4 cup of cereal is 32g. But when I actually weigh out 32g, it really is 1/2 cup!

    Get a scale, weigh everything (even liquids). And added bonus, you can zero out the plate/bowl/etc and just weigh it directly in what you'll eat out of - no more cleaning measuring utensils!
  • gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    holly55555 wrote: »
    Measuring cups also can be inaccurate. It's not the cup, it's the label. Nutrition labels can be up to 20% off - which is a lot of calories! I've found that many labels will say something like 3/4 cup of cereal is 32g. But when I actually weigh out 32g, it really is 1/2 cup!

    Get a scale, weigh everything (even liquids). And added bonus, you can zero out the plate/bowl/etc and just weigh it directly in what you'll eat out of - no more cleaning measuring utensils!

    thanks everyone! I was always weighing all my food except for cereal not sure why. I always felt like my breakfast didn't satisfy me because 1/2 cup in a measuring cup is so much less than actually 4oz of cereal! Crazy!! Now I finally know! Thanks!