Loosing weight,calorie count is so boring

Options
anyone who can help, it's so boring and I have a long way to go. Iam 39, my height is 6ft2 inches, my weight is 140 kgs. Wanna loose 40 kgs at least.

Replies

• marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting can be boring. Eating isn't though so I'll keep counting calories to balance things out. I'll throw in some exercise, also... :) good luck!!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This site is so easy to count calories with. It literally takes only a few seconds to add an item. Once you have your most frequent meals saved, its just a few clicks and done. Saying its boring is only an excuse. Harsh but true. You can do it!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is a tool. It's not supposed to entertain you.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I spend less than 5 minutes a day logging my calories. It really doesn't matter if it's boring because the rest of my life is plenty exciting.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Calorie counting is a tool. It's not supposed to entertain you.

^^This. And it really doesn't consume enough of my time for it to be considered boring. It only takes a minute or two to log a meal...less than that if I don't have to search for food in the database. And weighing food only takes seconds as well.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    abmo32 wrote: »
    I lost most of my weight before counting and I only do it now because it educates me and to keep track out of curiosity.
    Even though it really helps, it is not necessary.

You look endomorph to me. And also, hope this is not racist hehe, you look like you culturally enjoy white rice and white bread. Both just like me.

Now this is the problem. We have to accept that our insulin sensitivity sucks. I noticed and accepted that eating big amounts of processed carbs/sugars need to be limited. After workout you can afford a bit of it, but you should reduce it in most of your regular meals.
    A lot of fruit is fine, but don't overdo on bananas and kaloric dense ones if they don't replace a meal.
    Vegetables should be included in as much as possible. If it does not satisfy you, replace half the carbs you usually eat with complex carbs. Replace white rice with brown rice, potatoes with sweet potatoes, white bread with whole grain breads.

The less processed, the better I feel.
    For example potatoes > mash potatoes, real protein source > protein shake, whole grain > refined grain, corn > corn flakes, fruit > juice etc

Eat until you are not hungry anymore and feel kinda satisfied. Eating slowly and frequently helps controlling your appetite. Don't eat until you feel really full and become tired or your dish is completed.

Do weight training and keep slow stady cardio to a minimum. If you want to eat more and burn it off, do high intensity cardio (HIIT). Aim for some kind of workout 5-6 times a week, even if it is only 20-30 minutes each.
    I bet my a** you lose weight if you do all that, counting calories or not.

With all the tips above you control your sugar levels, avoid cravings and speed up your metabolism.

All the nope. Seriously.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From your profile: 'I was one of those tall, skinny people most of my life'
    You seem like the perfect guy to take weight loss tips from.

btw.:
    Amazing post, almost a handfull of words.

Thx for the great input!

Wow - well, you didn't read that she's a female - or that several medical issues hit her to cause her to gain weight, but you cherry-picked that one sentence and decided that it some invalidated her argument (which I second, BTW).

Edit: SnickersCharlie has a detailed list and dated account of her successes following the weightloss plan she has. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does.

Just an FYI too, attacking individuals on the forums goes against forum rules.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight before counting and I only do it now because it educates me and to keep track out of curiosity.

You look endomorph to me. And also, hope this is not racist hehe, you look like you culturally enjoy white rice and white bread. Both just like me.

Now this is the problem. We have to accept that our insulin sensitivity sucks. I noticed and accepted that eating big amounts of processed carbs/sugars need to be limited. After workout you can afford a bit of it, but you should reduce it in most of your regular meals.
    A lot of fruit is fine, but don't overdo on bananas and kaloric dense ones if they don't replace a meal.
    Vegetables should be included in as much as possible. If it does not satisfy you, replace half the carbs you usually eat with complex carbs. Replace white rice with brown rice, potatoes with sweet potatoes, white bread with whole grain breads.

For example potatoes > mash potatoes, real protein source > protein shake, whole grain > refined grain, corn > corn flakes, fruit > juice etc

Eat until you are not hungry anymore and feel kinda satisfied. Eating slowly and frequently helps controlling your appetite. Don't eat until you feel really full and become tired or your dish is completed.

Do weight training and keep slow stady cardio to a minimum. If you want to eat more and burn it off, do high intensity cardio (HIIT). Aim for some kind of workout 5-6 times a week, even if it is only 20-30 minutes each.

With all the tips above you control your sugar levels, avoid cravings and speed up your metabolism.

First few weeks are the hardest since you don't see the rewards and your body and mind are not used to it yet.
    Let me tell you, the effort you put in is nothing compared to the reward, so keep it up!

I hope this isn't racist, but your post is utter nonsense.
  • abmo32
    abmo32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

btw.:

Thx for the great input!

Wow - well, you didn't read that she's a female - or that several medical issues hit her to cause her to gain weight, but you cherry-picked that one sentence and decided that it some invalidated her argument (which I second, BTW).

Edit: SnickersCharlie has a detailed list and dated account of her successes following the weightloss plan she has. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does.

How did i attack any1, she clearly is an ectomorph. God, is it so hard to google body types?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you entering your food and letting MFP do the counting?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

First few weeks are the hardest since you don't see the rewards and your body and mind are not used to it yet.
    Let me tell you, the effort you put in is nothing compared to the reward, so keep it up!

W.T.A.F.

There is just so much here. Random racism. Potatoes are better than mashed potatoes? body type nonsense. Its an entire MFP bingo card come to life.

mind-blown-o.gif

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

b46kergcub3j.jpg

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

btw.:

Thx for the great input!

How did i attack any1, she clearly is an ectomorph. God, is it so hard to google body types?

Wait a second, *I'm* an ectomorph or the OP? If you're referring to me, how you would know that without seeing my picture eludes me. But then most of what you say eludes me. Thankfully.

If you're referring to the OP, she's a he. ;)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It's the one thing I have learned, it really is dull, but the results are not. I'd rather be bored, tbh its not the counting becayse mfp makes that easy its more the portion control. Make your choice.
  • abmo32
    abmo32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    such an open minded community, amazing :)

Ok, body types are not real!
    And such thing as insulin sensitivity does not exist.

Those who are not able to do otherwise just have to keep counting their calories I guess. have fun!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

btw.:

Thx for the great input!

She's a he and the whole ectomorph stuff in relation to how you lose weight, what you "should" eat, etc - is pseudoscience.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

W.T.A.F.

There is just so much here. Random racism. Potatoes are better than mashed potatoes? body type nonsense. Its an entire MFP bingo card come to life.

mind-blown-o.gif

^The bolded sums this up the best.

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    such an open minded community, amazing :)

Ok, body types are not real!
    And such thing as insulin sensitivity does not exist.

Those who are not able to do otherwise just have to keep counting their calories I guess. have fun!

I have the kind of "body type" that gets fat if I overeat and don't count calories.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Wait, so you can tell what body type and what kind of food a person likes just by looking at their profile picture?

That sounds like a really fun party trick. How about me? What do I like to eat?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Taimur2227 wrote: »
    anyone who can help, it's so boring and I have a long way to go. Iam 39, my height is 6ft2 inches, my weight is 140 kgs. Wanna loose 40 kgs at least.

You can successfully lose those 40 kgs.
    Do calorie counting here for every thing you eat for two weeks and get good at it. Even if you do not fall in love with MFP during those two weeks, you will be able to work with it so it can help you.