Salt craving...

Options
Mandi98U
Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
I have managed to find stuff to satisfy most of my cravings when I don't have a lot of calories for say chocolate or cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth. However I am struggling to find something to help my salty tooth. Any suggestions?

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a salt tooth instead of a sweet tooth, this is what is currently in my stash at work: roasted salted nuts, beef jerky, hummus, Kind Bars in the savory flavors, cheese and sunflower seeds. I also like to get the smaller bags of chips at the register at my grocery store. That way I can get a potato chip fix but not have a huge amount left over.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    One thing that MIGHT help, I've read that a lot of times when we crave salt, it is because we are dehydrated, so you might want to try drinking.
    I also like protein chips (some of them) or seaweed when I want something salty.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    pickles, olives, cucumbers sprinkled with salt
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers with salt?? Why didn't I think of this before? That sounds amazing.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers with salt?? Why didn't I think of this before? That sounds amazing.
    Slices tomatoes with salt are also good. I haven't done that for ages, but this thread reminded me.
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pickled asparagus and pickled green beans. I buy them in the produce section and a few go along way to stop the salt craving.
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by salted watermelon.
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by salted watermelon.

This sounds really interesting.. I'm tempted to try it now!