Accepting that no, I don't need to eat the whole thing.

Options
2»

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Great NSV OP! That was a big one for me too. I've learned to listen to the signals my body sends and not continue to eat just because it is in front of me. At home smaller portions are the norm now and eating out I typically wind up eating maybe half and taking the rest home for left overs. These baby steps sure add up over time.
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Same for me in this first week but if food is left out Im tempted to eat it so got both ways really.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on this strategy and the similar (don't clean your plate, always box up half, etc). If you're tracking your calories the real point here is that you CAN eat the whole thing if you want. Now, if you actually want to or not is your own business. Free country I guess.

Yeah, I tend to clear my plate since I already told MFP I was going to. But seriously, saving a quarter of a breakfast sandwich for later? How about giving it to the dog instead.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I still dont like throwing awat food, so avoid it wherever possible. Portion control can work at the beginning so you cna eat 100% of whats on your plate.