For those of you on 1200 cals and workout...

Options
2»

Replies

• VictorCalin
    VictorCalin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No, I just select them from "All exercise"
  • fr33z3n
    fr33z3n Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    try eating a good breakfast to start your day, I usually go with soft boiled eggs, jam , toast and yogurt all for around 300 calories, then I eat a little snack at noon, for lunch its usually some kind of protein and salad, and for dinner I would have greek yogurt with veggies, all this and you still wont hit your 1200 goal
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    br3adman wrote: »
    RebeccaD22 wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Your body will use existing muscle for fuel if it has to.

So, does your body burn muscle before fat? Why is this?

Your body burns carbs first. That's why if you exercise without lots of carbs on your stomach your body goes into fat reserves ands burns that.

That's interesting I didn't know that! So should we limit pre-gym carbs to burn more fat?

No, that's not true. The lack of presence of carbs in the stomach does not impact "fat burning." This seems along the line of the myth of the "fat burning" zone for cardio workouts.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Your body burns carbs first. That's why if you exercise without lots of carbs on your stomach your body goes into fat reserves ands burns that.

No

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fit/lose-weight/myth-empty-stomach-workouts
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    How do you do it!

I net 1250 calories.

In other words, if I don't exercise at all (rare), I only eat 1250 cal.

If I walk 1-hour (200 cal), my calorie limit is 1250 + 200 = 1450. But I usually only eat about 100 of those 200 extra cal.

If I cycle 1-hour (400 cal), my calorie limit is 1250 + 400 = 1650. And again, I usually only eat about half those 400 extra cal.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    If that's a recent pic, you should definitely eat your workout calories because you should be focusing mainly on recomp and very little on weight loss.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    On average I eat back half of my exercise calories. Some days I'm just not hungry so I don't bother, other days I'm starving and could use the extra protein. I'm working hard in the gym, I don't want to sacrifice muscle!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    Clarewho wrote: »

That's interesting I didn't know that! So should we limit pre-gym carbs to burn more fat?

No, that's not true. The lack of presence of carbs in the stomach does not impact "fat burning." This seems along the line of the myth of the "fat burning" zone for cardio workouts.

Ah what a shame thought it was too good to be true! Thanks @Nuke_64