Struggling to lose weight. Ain't lost since April!

Options
2»

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

This.

And based on your profile pic and ticker, you have 24 pounds left to lose? Where are those coming from? Do you have size 17 feet or something? Sounds like an unrealistic goal.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    ane966 wrote: »
    You are not exercising enough - you've got to move and when you're tired, move some more. Sorry, but it's really all it boils down to - exercise for an hour and try to do it every day. Keep it up and remember, even maintaining is better than gaining! Good Luck!!

Nope. While I feel that my life has vastly improved since I began working out every day, exercise is more for fitness than for weight loss. (OP never mentioned whether or not she works out until after you commented, btw, so idk where this came from.) A person who is bedbound can lose weight, as long as they consume less than they expend just living.

OP, great job on your loss to date! But you are probably overestimating your calories. Let me +1 the suggestion to purchase a scale and weigh and log everything, including free SW foods. You have maintained your weight loss , but this plan isn't working for you anymore.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

This.

And based on your profile pic and ticker, you have 24 pounds left to lose? Where are those coming from? Do you have size 17 feet or something? Sounds like an unrealistic goal.

It may not be a current picture. I weigh at least 15 pounds more in my picture but haven't bothered to change it. Conversely, I imagine lots of people use skinny pictures for motivation.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

This.

It may not be a current picture. I weigh at least 15 pounds more in my picture but haven't bothered to change it. Conversely, I imagine lots of people use skinny pictures for motivation.

Not this guy. I am smaller than all my pictures not.
  • jayseanfaith
    jayseanfaith Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This.

On my slimming world target I have 14lb 2 lose. I don't know where 24lb came from maybe that was my original target.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    There was a post on here about Slimmimg World the other day, someone was saying that it had helped initially but when they were done to the last bit of weight it wasn't working as well.

You've had a good loss so far though, 17lbs in about 4.5 months, so 0.5-1lb a week on average. With 24lbs to go, I'd set MFP to lose 0.5lbs a week. Obviously try to be more accurate with logging. I'm interested if you've done anything different in the past 2 months? Everyone is saying 'use a food scale', but you lost 17lbs prior to the stall in weight loss, so what changed?

I know people say exercise isn't necessary, but I lose so much faster with exercise.
  • jayseanfaith
    Options
    There was a post on here about Slimmimg World the other day, someone was saying that it had helped initially but when they were done to the last bit of weight it wasn't working as well.

You've had a good loss so far though, 17lbs in about 4.5 months, so 0.5-1lb a week on average. With 24lbs to go, I'd set MFP to lose 0.5lbs a week. Obviously try to be more accurate with logging. I'm interested if you've done anything different in the past 2 months? Everyone is saying 'use a food scale', but you lost 17lbs prior to the stall in weight loss, so what changed?

I know people say exercise isn't necessary, but I lose so much faster with exercise.

I really don't know? I feel I've been doing the same, I did stop going to the gym as my mum was unwell. I've recently started again so hoping that will help! I've took a few people's advice like re-read my book start again. I'd be happy with a 1lb loss a week, I only want to lose 14lb more anything more will be a bonus. I know a lot of people I've talked to has said it slows down when your near your target. It's just stubborn fat refusing to move lol.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    In your picture you look great. Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Also the closer you get to your goal the slower your weight loss. 1 pound a week at your size might not be realistic.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    In another thread you said you cut carbs and are losing, so which is it?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ane966 wrote: »
    You are not exercising enough - you've got to move and when you're tired, move some more. Sorry, but it's really all it boils down to - exercise for an hour and try to do it every day. Keep it up and remember, even maintaining is better than gaining! Good Luck!!

no it doesn't

you lose weight with a calorie deficit, which OP obviously doesn't have.
  • jayseanfaith
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    In another thread you said you cut carbs and are losing, so which is it?

I had put on 1.5lb and managed 2 lose that back to my original weight since April!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

I really don't know? I feel I've been doing the same, I did stop going to the gym as my mum was unwell. I've recently started again so hoping that will help! I've took a few people's advice like re-read my book start again. I'd be happy with a 1lb loss a week, I only want to lose 14lb more anything more will be a bonus. I know a lot of people I've talked to has said it slows down when your near your target. It's just stubborn fat refusing to move lol.

Maybe you'll notice a loss now you're exercising again. I want to lose about 20 more lbs and it's definitely slower when you're closer to goal.
  • jayseanfaith
    Options

Maybe you'll notice a loss now you're exercising again. I want to lose about 20 more lbs and it's definitely slower when you're closer to goal.

Yeah definitely! I'll keep going, you just want it off quick lol.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What malibu said in the first post. Your main focus shoul be in establishing you are at deficit and keep it that way. You are doing slimming world but as that has its own system uts based on the majority of people being at a deficit, when in fact you could just learn how to control your intake correctly with proper calorie counting and save yourself the money. If you arent at deficit then you wont lose. Simplez.