How to stay motivated

Options
People always ask me how I stay motivated two words Spartan Racing ...August 2014 I thought I was in decent shape I did this race and it took me 3 1/2 hours and it kicked my a&* and when I finally crossed that finish line I said never again something has got to change I signed up immediately for another one , which is actually this coming weekend. I started training on my own. I should also add that my personal life was in shambles after a car accident (no injuries) but alcohol related and it was a wake up call that I had to stop this unhealthy lifestyle before I kill someone or myself . Things were going well went back to WW and when that failed me I found Drew Rossi via facebook he was a spartan racer and also a Herbalife distributor. I decided to bite the bullet and hired him as my personal coach he gave me a meal plan and a workout every single day I also stopped drinking completely. The pounds really came off I lost close to 30lbs in 6 months. I never even have met my trainer we did everything over the internet or phone. I really recommend that if you are struggling to consider seeking a trainer or a health coach yes it wasn't exactly cheap but my health is important so I made it work I am on my own now and still hanging in there I have added running into my routine which I never ever saw myself doing or liking. I really only have one fitness buddy and really rely on the groups I have found on facebook, especially the Spartan community. Spartan racing certainly isn't for everyone in fact as my Super Spartan approaches I am asking myself ,"what the hell am i doing this for ?" I get such a high from pushing myself beyond my comfort zone I often cry when I finish a race because it amazes me that I am out there doing it . Spartan has a saying that not only is true in their races but in any race whether it be a run or walk and its "You'll know at the finish line" this is going to be different for everyone . When people ask me about what diet I am on I tell them I am not on a diet just eating as clean as I can and moving my body everyday I do not count calories anymore but look to see how many ingredients a product has , I opt for regular product instead of the sugar loaded fat free stuff more protein less carbs . I stay motivated by checking my weight everyday , it just works best for me , I sign up for races road and obstacle to keep me in training mode when I have days I feel like not exercising I do it anyway because there is always a race around the corner, I buy a pair of pants or some article of clothing that is too small and use that as a weight loss goal , I have a group on facebook that I use to try to get people motivated to get out exercising. The greatest motivator of all is when people notice how great you look or congratulate you on a race. I have gone on quite long enough here I would love to hear how everyone else stays on track and motivated .......Never Quit!!!