Hi I'm new too all this so am clueless......

Options
What's the best way to loose weight fast??

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Depends on what fast means. If it s 0.5 to 2 lb per week, eat less, move more. If it something more drastic, for the average person, surgery.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn. Weigh everything and track everything. It takes time and persistence.
  • karizero
    karizero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best way is to combine both diet and exercise, rather than only one of the two. If you want to lose weight quickly and healthfully don't eat any junk food and don't consume any sweetened beverages.
    (*I have lost 120lbs in 2013, but gained half back in 2014 so I'm trying to lose again. It is a lifetime effort that takes a lot of dedication.)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Losing weight fast isn't the ideal way to lose it. Lose too fast and you end up with excessive muscle loss and probably loose skin, too. You didn't put that weight on in two weeks; you can't expect to take it off in two weeks, either. In fact, considering it's much harder to eat at a deficit than to eat more calories than you burn, it won't take 4 weeks, either.

All of that said, the way to lose weight without wasting time or effort is to make a plan and stick to it but don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Weigh as much of your food as possible using a kitchen scale, even the things that have a serving size on the package because too often the food itself isn't portioned into that serving size. What you can't weigh, measure using the proper spoons or cups. Add at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 or 6 days each week. You can start with something as simple as walking and then progressively add intensity as the activity gets easier. If you really care about your size, shape and muscle tone more than the number on the scale (and you should!) start weight training as soon as possible. The scale won't move as quickly but you'll shrink, get firmer and lower your body fat percentage because more of your weight loss will be from fat and not muscle.