Options
124»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Korriinn wrote: »
    I never knew that this website was meant to bash peoples healthy eating efforts, I decided that I'm taking what food are in the book and using them to create my own plan. The book was free so it's not like I was "wasting my money". The diet mainly attracted me because it goes through learning to disassociate yourself with food and the need to constantly eat. Which, I found would be helpful. Can everyone stop the hate? Rather than bashing me, the diet, dr. phil, 19 year olds, people that do fad diets etc, how about "fad diets aren't for me but good luck" or "just do your research before committing yourself to a diet". That simple.

Please show me where someone bashed you for wanting to eat healthy? You do realize that there are ways to eat healthy and successfully lose weight that don't start with a book, a celebrity endorsement, or a named diet. You said yourself you know this is a fad diet but you want to eat healthy. Why not just do the latter? Eat a balanced diet that includes foods you like, helps you hit your nutrients, but allows room for treats, all the while maintaining a calorie deficit

If I said all that with a thick Texas accent and came up with some clever name, would it be more appealing?

Hey now, no bashing Texas... :wink:

OP, so many people view diets as restrictions. Granted, I don't know much about the list of foods you're supposed to eat on this diet, but how about instead of looking at it as cutting out bad foods and eating x, y, z only, instead try to incorporate a serving of x or y into your current diet. To keep your calorie level the same, that will mean replacing other foods you're used to eating. You can add in more foods, and at some point you'll hit a happy medium of eating foods you enjoy in moderation, combined with nutritious and satiating foods that keep you feeling full and help you stay in your calorie goal.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Korriinn wrote: »
    I am starting the 20/20 diet by Dr. Phil here within a few days, have ben working out and counting calories but no real results yet. Wanted to try something different to jumpstart the weight loss and help with the feeling of wanting to eat all the time! Anyone else do this diet?

when i first saw the title, i was thinking of the t.v. show 20/20 and was wondering what kind of diet they had. L0L i haven't heard of dr. Phil's diet, but wanted to wish you luck. :smile: