How does everyone feel about Phentermine?

Options
Someone has recently brought Phentermine to my attention. Problem is, I dont eat that much. I eat mainly protein bars throughout the day, then a small dinner. If I took phentermine, I feel like I wouldnt eat anything and then I would really feel like crap during my workouts.
What does everyone think about appetite suppressors in general?

Replies

• Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think Phenteramine is a powerful, scary drug. I don't know why it is still legal. I'm a nurse and have known coworker who were on it. It makes people very emotionally unstable. And when you come off it you will blimp up because you aren't in the habit of eating right.
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No. Just no! Lol.. that type of drug is a stimulant and can cause some very serious side effects. They don't discuss the possibility of developing pulmonary hypertension when they give this drug out. Pulmonary hypertension is basically high blood pressure in your lungs, affecting the right side of your heart rather than your typical hypertension caused by cholesterol and fatty diets which affects the left side of your heart. That hypertension causes heart attacks... i am not making light of either hypertension. Just stating they are 2 seperate diseases. If you can prevent one of them by NOT using stimulants, that's the best choice. The only cure for pulmonary hypertension is a double lung and heart transplant. Definitely, stick to proper diet and exercise in order to be healthy! Good luck : ) you can do it without drugs!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I know someone who tried it, it turned her into a raving psycho and almost ended her relationship.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started taking it on Monday. I take a really low dose, 1/2 of the 37.5 (I think that's it) and I have noticed that it helps me to feel less hungry. It makes me incredibly thirsty. I am thinking I have been drinking almost a gallon of water a day. It is a little hard to concentrate, but barely, like a 10% difference. It is helping me to stick to my calories, which I have had a hard time doing lately. My doctor prescribed it in December, but I had a lot of reservations about taking it. Finally, I filled the prescription out of desperation. I have a friend who is about 280 pounds who has been taking it for about a month, along with a low carb diet. She's lost over 15 pounds.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you "don't eat that much", why are you looking into appetite suppressants?
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Phentramine or Phentermine...Whats the difference??
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Phentramine or Phentermine...Whats the difference??
  • 1juaguirre
    1juaguirre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it helped but I began having panic attacks and anxiety, it was not pleasant. On one occasion I checked in to a hospital, I thought I was going to die. I'm off of it now and this app is helping me by calorie counting. I'm 41 years old and I was always into martial arts but some how I fell off and a lot of weight came wit it.
    Honestly stay away from it!
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've never had it for weight loss but I've had it in medication. I had the most frightening episodes of nightmares I've ever had where I'd wake up still screaming and kicking out in sheer panic...found it difficult to breath, heart was racing, jumping painfully out of my chest. It was awful. It took a couple of nights like that before I realised that it was the flu medication. Pharmacist confirmed it was the phetermine.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My mom took a similar diet pill when I was a kid. I remember her heart started pounding out of control and she had to go to the hospital...had a crash cart on standby and everything. She didn't take diet pills anymore after that.

Not sure why anyone would subject themselves to such serious side effects just to lose weight...