Good high protein breakfasts with no eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody; some great ideas here. I don't know why I haven't been thinking of cottage cheese and greek yogurt; they are not my favorite things but I like them well enough and they would be perfect for times when I'm rushed.

I don't feel the need to eat only traditional "breakfast" foods in the morning, but I often end up eating breakfast at work and it weirds out my co-workers when I eat steak at 8:30AM :)
    tell them that my son regularly eats chicken burgers or veggie burgers (or regular burgers) at 5 or 6 am. no rule that we must eat breakfast cereal or eggs and ham
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my turkey bacon.... I eat it almost every morning... and I get the kind that has low sodium, and it tastes just as good. And I also agree with everyone else who says why the traditional breakfast? You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. ((as far as keeping with the tradional breakfast I mean..))

Sometimes I will add the turkey bacon with my salad... other times I will just eat it as a sandwhich on low carb bread... why not? It is only 9 grams of carbs for the bread, and lettuce is nothing calorie wise, and my breakfast is never over 350 calories at that point... so I say go for it.
  • susanbrown96
    Options
    Shakeology for me! Or you can buy these things called Magic Pop. They are kind of like a rice cake but not really. They are low cal, low carb and low sugar. I put Peanut Butter and cinnamon on mine. You should google them.
  • FoTime
    FoTime Posts: 21
    Options
    Lately I've been having:

1 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (mixed well with yogurt)
    1/2-1 cup frozen berries
    1/2oz granola
    1/2oz almonds

Around 500 cals & 55+ grams of protein.

Yep. I mix yogurt and protein powder all the time, late breakfast, lunch, dinner, doesn't matter. The vanilla powder makes it taste like cake frosting. If you want to leave out granola and almonds and berries, add a dash of cinnamon to the chocolate. That is GOOOOOOOOD.

Sounds delicious, thanks for the ideas. When I first tried it, I was scared it wasn't going to mix well (like when I half-*kitten* mixing it with milk and it's all clumped up and nasty). I'm glad I was wrong.
  • Rose21461
    Rose21461 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist wants me to eat 25-30g of protein for breakfast, which, for me is a huge change. She suggested that I make my own high-protein milk, by mixing non-fat milk with dry milk (basically doubling the protein of a glass of milk). My only issue with this is, the sugar content is really high.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have been working with this myself...

One of my new things is adding protein powder to my smoothie which is mainly fruit but it has yogurt and as mentioned before protein powder now.

Today I cooked up ham slices with FF Cheese (egg whites yes) but you can omit the egg whites and add bacon or sausage or another slice of ham.

Cottage cheese is great or you can get high protein oatmeal now too.