LADIES!!!

Options
Ok so this might be an odd post a little different then normal but I want to see if what I'm dealing with is normal.

So over the last couple weeks I went from 144 to 141. I was doing very well. Well Tuesday I went on a binge, drank wine all day had brownies and pizza. It was bad. Yesterday was good however.

My concern/question is well wednesday morning I was back up to 144 and today as I write this 145!! Now I figured this number would go up because of the binge. Also it is the week my lady friend aunt Flo pays a visit. So I'm sure that is not helping.

So as stupid as this question sounds because truth is I know the answer I just want to hear I'm not crazy or alone lol. This isn't true weight!? I didn't gain 3-4 pounds back just because of one bad day!?

And do any of you ladies out there during that special time have this issue of weight fluctuation? I never really have before then again I have been successful in my weight loss as I have this past month.

Replies

• YogaSanity
    YogaSanity Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Water retention. A lot of women are basically sponges during TOM. Lucky us, huh?

Of course you didn't gain back 3-4 pounds just from one day. The sodium in the pizza combined with your TOM means you just gained some water weight which will go away afterwards.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    did you consume 14,000 calories over your maintenance ? so on that crash & burn day do you think you consumed 16000 calories roughly?

or not

sodium, hormones = water weight

weigh in a week and update us
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

And do any of you ladies out there during that special time have this issue of weight fluctuation? I never really have before then again I have been successful in my weight loss as I have this past month.

My weight fluctuates around ovulation as well as my period
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    around TOM my weight can fluctuate crazy. if you tend to hold on to the sodium from foods, it can make it worse. it will all fall off- its not REAL weight.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    After bad weekend (and a month of more or less maintaining but eating a larger volume and salt content than when I was losing), I had about 7 pounds of water weight that took about a week for me to lose, and I probably lost a pound during that week of actual weight. Don't worry too much if it was a bad day. If it was a bad week/month there may be some additional actual weight there, but in one day I would bet the vast majority is water weight :)
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    around TOM my weight can fluctuate crazy. if you tend to hold on to the sodium from foods, it can make it worse. it will all fall off- its not REAL weight.

if i look at something salty, I start to retain water
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the words of comfort :)
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep, both would affect water retention. I always love the week after because I lose weight without trying.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I gain 5-8# the day before I ovulate and it doesn't budge until the first day of my period, roughly 18/19 days later (I have a very long 37 day cycle). Then I lose that 5-8#, PLUS any real weight from the deficit I maintained during that time, in a 3-4 day span. Usually between 7-10# in a few days. The water weight stays off, and I lose at a normal rate (about 1# a week) until the next time I ovulate. My true loss is somewhere in the 4-6# range each month, though the scale will have moved 9- 14# total due to water weight.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice, stay off the scale! I used to weigh myself a few times a day, and it didn't do anything but discourage me... when I threw it away, I felt liberated!
  • nikinuu
    nikinuu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went away for a week beginning of the month gained 6lb! Too much wine I think haha 3 days after coming home back down to starting weight the scales are the devil I think
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mine always fluctuates with Aunt Flo--I don't weigh at that time to prevent getting discouraged (because I already feel like a beached whale so I don't need my scale to make that feeling worse). But the next week is always confidence building because that scale goes down :)

I also only weigh myself once a week as weight can fluctuate daily--I get too stressed weighing daily.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Definitely water weight. Just drink more water and you should be fine in a couple of days.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue but from a few days. I'm starting to think it isn't water for me though.