Yoga - 30 day challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• kinga_m
    kinga_m Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to process the past, that is part of the journey.

Have you ever felt angry during yoga? Sometimes I get so angry...! It has nothing to do with the actual yoga class or my mood during the day. I think my mind is detoxing as well. :smile:

If that;s true, maybe sadness is part of the process as well. Good that you are doing some poses even after your surgery. Hope you will feel better soon! :smile:
  • kinga_m
    Options
    How are you all doing?

I have been struggling with doing yoga a couple of days so I decided to add these days to the end of the 30 day and then make it longer. On the long term I want to practice yoga almost every day, make it part of my life. It is such a good feeling to let go all the daily stress on a good yoga session! :smile:

I am really satisfied with my manduka mat and I bought a small book about yoga which I carry around, because the teachers cannot focus on all yoga poses every time and I have questions. I think I need to learn a lot, but I have at least learned already to listen to my body. :smile:

So how are you getting on? What are you gaining from daily yoga?
    Have you also learned about yourself on the go or it is just me clearly not knowing my own limits / body. :smile:
  • kinga_m
    Options
    Hi All,

This is the end of the 30 day yoga challenge.

I figured out it is not as easy as I thought. Doing 5 times a week is fine but I was missing a few days. I decided to keep going, doing as many yoga session as I can.
    At the end of the day I know more about myself than I knew before - regardless if I am happy with the knowledge or not.
    On the plus side my poses are definitely getting better. :smile:

How did you do?
  • alakaa
    alakaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do you log calories burnt doing yoga? Cardio or strength since its both?
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am planning on starting "30 days of Yoga with Adrienne" on August 1st. If you guys want to join me with a group, I'm trying to get some folks together to keep me motivated.
  • Findmyfeet
    Findmyfeet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Hi, I am planning on starting "30 days of Yoga with Adrienne" on August 1st. If you guys want to join me with a group, I'm trying to get some folks together to keep me motivated.

I would love to join your group... Just can't find it. Help
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I came back once or twice to find this thread, and I couldn't find it! I didn't abandon it intentionally. I actually kept things up pretty well in terms of taking time to tune in with my body. I've managed to increase the range of motion in my hips since my surgery! Easing into heart openers and inversions since my belly is still tender. Sometimes I'll even sit in a quiet pose and concentrate on my arms. Whatever strikes my fancy seems to be good enough for now. Maybe I'll be brave enough to go to a class soon. As much as I like people, I really like being alone more.
  • kinga_m
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry I did not check this thread earlier. You are all welcome to join! Please do add me if you would like to.
    I keep yoga in my days and planning to do a 30 day challenge later again, but at the moment just doing 3 classes a week and try to focus on my posture on a daily base. I use savasana and some breathing technics on a daily base as I find them amazingly effective.
    I hope you did start your challenge, @slimzandra!

@alakaa - I log yoga as cardio exercise. I know it is good for strength as well but I would still consider it as cardio. You will find it in the exercise list.