Cant lose anymore weight

Options
asappoeun
asappoeun Posts: 16 Member
I am currently 187-189ish on a good day, I started out from 200lbs but now I am at a standstill. My BMR is roughly around 1950 cals per day, and I am setting my daily calories at 1450 with a
40%p/30%f/30%c split. I am 24 years old, 5'7. I train with weights and all that good stuff. I just cant get any leaner and its getting frustrating. The hippie voices are starting to get inside my head and telling me to just go out and eat whatever I want. But I really do want to get lean so I can see my body's potential. HELP!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Try eating at 1950 for a week then going back to 1450. Your body may just need a break from losing.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a food scale? You might be eating more than you think.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lots of things could be going on and without knowing your history it's a little hard to pin down the culprit. I would start over if I were you and go back to eating your maintenance calories for a few weeks to 'reset', but make sure your tracking is on point, as megantischner pointed out you could be overestimating the amount you're eating.

Start over with your calculations to make sure they're accurate and then as you have done begin with a 500 calorie daily deficit and accurately track your progress and food. Make small adjustments week by week IF needed (your biofeedback will guide you) and aim for a 1 - 2lb lose per week. As you get further along don't be alarmed if it slows to 1/2 - 1lb, slow is far better for your metabolism.

• asappoeun
    asappoeun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for the quick input! but yeah I have a food scale and weight everything out accordingly. Most of my frustrations come from my morning weigh ins, i don't have a cut off time for when i eat my last meal the previous day so idk maybe that's whats making me heavier the next day? One of my buddies that i train with suggested reverse dieting also just so i can hit the reset button on my metabolism. I do notice that my waist is getting progressively slimmer, i am currently at a 32in-33in waist line.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Reverse dieting would be an excellent way forward before starting over.