Eating right on vacation....

Options
Heydi79
Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
Vacation is here and I wish the fat would melt as I sun tan on the beach :# . I am taking protein bar and staying active. What tips do you have on eating right while on vacation?

Add me as well. :)

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I try to just enjoy my vacation and get back to logging when I get home. If it makes you feel better you can fit in a few workouts or try to do active things while away. Have fun!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs. out~so they could melt while you're tanning depending on what you consume :)...I could gain 10 lbs on a vacation so I try to fit in some healthier choices to compensate for my splurges since it is vacation. For example, when I went away I opted for jelly on 1/2 bagel with an egg white omelete or eggs instead of a whole bagel with butter or creme cheese & chose tomato slices over potatoes since I was already having a bagel to spare some extra calories. Then I could savor an afternoon snack or dinner with extra calories or dessert or enjoy liquid pleasures without guilt :) Go for a garden salad to start a meal to help fill you. You can never go wrong with chicken or lean protein dishes with a side of vegetables or sweet potato. Just be careful of the bread basket or dessert bar or all you can eat buffets. Everything in moderation. Up to you on how indulgent you want to be & if you want to maintain vs. coming back over & having to work harder to get it back off. Treading in the water if you are at the beach or swimming or water aerobics is a great way to burn calories too. Bottom line is to enjoy...it is your vacation.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat and drink whatever I want and stay very active!
    It works, I never gain on vacay.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I vote to enjoy your vacation. I have found that it's easier (for me, at least) to get in a good workout during vacations more than in my busy life at home, so just make sure you get in that exercise. Drink a lot of water, and make sure that if you do go overboard, it's on those things you wouldn't be able to get anywhere else except on that vacation (why buy a doughnut if you can have a crepe in Paris?!!).