Advice please

Options

Replies

• aliciamanior
    aliciamanior Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    At first glance, I can tell you you're probably eating more than 1200 calories per day. You're questimating portion sizes when you do log. Half of an Outback Caesar salad, for example. And then the rest of the days are blank. How do you know how much you're eating? Plus, you logged that you burned 229 calories jogging for 15 minutes. HIGHLY unlikely. Beware of exercise calories, I would suggest cutting that number in half.

check out may 28 through June 8. that's a good picture of what I normally eat. Aslo I actually jogeed for35 mins that day but on the treadmill it said I only burned 200 calories so I tried to make my diary match my calories in stead of my actual time if that makes sence. the search doesn't give you a good variety for exercise maybe I should just put in that I actually jogged for 35 min. I just was trying to make it match what the treadmill at the gym said.
  • aliciamanior
    edited June 2015
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I think you're eating more than you think. There's an entire week you didn't log anything, a lot of homemade entries (are those yours or from the database?), little evidence that you're weighing your food, a lot of eating out (that isn't a huge problem, but it can mean major sodium intake/water retention)...start tightening up your logging by checking out these threads:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thanks a lot! yeah the homemade are from the database. That's why I quit logging in my food. I felt like I was spending too much time trying to find the food I was looking for.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have yeah, I did 8pounds in two weeks, but it aint easy
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    You did not lose 4 pounds in 3 days. for you to have lost 4 lbs in 3 days you would have had to ate 14,000 calories less than your TDEE. Not possible. My weight fluctuates 5-8 lbs at any given time during the month and that is all water. Stop weighing yourself every day, eat at a reasonable deficit (.5 lbs per week for the amount of weight you have left to lose) and track your measurements.

Oh I forgot to mention that I also have problems with my bowels. I had one on Saturday and not again until last night. Maybe that had something to do with it. (4lbs)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and using a food scale? That's where you should start. But that's still a dangerous amount for two weeks.

Week over week, that can be a dangerous amount. But for 2 weeks it's not.

The only real danger is that in crashing for 2 weeks to hit an arbitrary goal, the OP isn't going to learn anything.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Are you counting calories and using a food scale? That's where you should start. But that's still a dangerous amount for two weeks.

The only real danger is that in crashing for 2 weeks to hit an arbitrary goal, the OP isn't going to learn anything.

To lose eight pounds in two weeks, someone has to eat at a 2000-calorie deficit every day. How is that not considered dangerous for a 134-pound female (which, depending on her height, is a good weight) who has three sons looking up to her?
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    Ok maybe I should have not said 5-8. 5 is my goal for July 5th. (129) I would love it if I dropped 8 pounds but if it is not safe than I don't want to do it. Is 5 pounds too much in 17 days?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Presuming you mean actual 'fat' weight - yes.

I mean you could fluctuate water levels and such and have a 5 lb difference on the scale, but it won't make any noticable difference in how you look.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I think you're eating more than you think. There's an entire week you didn't log anything, a lot of homemade entries (are those yours or from the database?), little evidence that you're weighing your food, a lot of eating out (that isn't a huge problem, but it can mean major sodium intake/water retention)...start tightening up your logging by checking out these threads:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thanks a lot! yeah the homemade are from the database. That's why I quit logging in my food. I felt like I was spending too much time trying to find the food I was looking for.

The problem with finding homemade foods from the database is that you don't know what and how much that person used to make their meal. You could pick an item that has the same name was what you ate, but is made completely different. Say you made a turkey wrap with cheese, lettuce, and mayo with a whole wheat wrap. The one you pick the person could have used light mayo and no cheese, making the calorie content a lot lower. Or maybe they had bacon and avacado, making it higher. The best bet is to either create the recipe yourself in the recipe builder, or to log the ingredients individually. So instead of turkey wrap, you'd log the turkey, the cheese, the mayo and the tortilla as separate items. If you make the same thing often, though, I would suggest using the recipe builder. Then that food will be ready for you to use whenever you need to log it.
  • ellaboo1973
    ellaboo1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i would like some advice please i'm 41 and 5'1 and female i weigh a 181 pounds and i would like to reach my goal of 125 pounds what should i do to get there and i don't like fruits or vegetables or fish which i know makes it harder to lose weight so i need all the help i can get
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    i would like some advice please i'm 41 and 5'1 and female i weigh a 181 pounds and i would like to reach my goal of 125 pounds what should i do to get there and i don't like fruits or vegetables or fish which i know makes it harder to lose weight so i need all the help i can get

You should probably start your own thread if you want advice for your particular situation.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

To lose eight pounds in two weeks, someone has to eat at a 2000-calorie deficit every day. How is that not considered dangerous for a 134-pound female (which, depending on her height, is a good weight) who has three sons looking up to her?

What's going to happen over the course of 2 weeks? How is it "dangerous"? You might not be as happy as you want to be for 2 weeks, but seriously .. how is it "Dangerous"
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Ok maybe I should have not said 5-8. 5 is my goal for July 5th. (129) I would love it if I dropped 8 pounds but if it is not safe than I don't want to do it. Is 5 pounds too much in 17 days?

With 7 pounds left to lose you should be aiming for .5 pounds a week.
  • ellaboo1973
    ellaboo1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok thank you
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Presuming you mean actual 'fat' weight - yes.

I mean you could fluctuate water levels and such and have a 5 lb difference on the scale, but it won't make any noticable difference in how you look.

Okay thanks. I tend to hold it all around my tummy I have a pic in my phone that I will try to upload in a few so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I'm 5'3-5'4 so a few pounds and a couple of inches makes a huge difference on my frame.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

What's going to happen over the course of 2 weeks? How is it "dangerous"? You might not be as happy as you want to be for 2 weeks, but seriously .. how is it "Dangerous"

At her size (haven't run the numbers) her maintenance calories could be around 2,000 calories. So she'd basically have to net 0 for 2 weeks.

You don't see how this could be problematic?

ETA: Per IIFYM; a 30 yo 5'4 (guessed since we don't have her height) 138 lb female would have a TDEE of around 1800-ish.

So for two weeks, she would have to eat NOTHING..AND burn 200 calories from exercise per day to create a 2,000/day deficit.

Yeah..not a good idea.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Half a pound a week is safe. One pound a week is not a route I would take.

Weigh all solids with a kitchen scale and log your food. Consistency and patience are incredibly important! Also use the correct entries. Do NOT use anything with "homemade" ir generic in the title or enteries with an asterisk. Use your food scale and the recipe builder in MFP.

I don't think you appearance is going to change that much in 17 days. Are you going to carry around a scale with you to show everyone that you weigh a certain weight? I would hope not. Just enjoy whatever event you're going to (vacation?).

TL;DR: weigh your food and use correct entries. Goal weight in that time frame is unsafe/impossible. Too little too late.
  • aliciamanior
    Options
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs a week and that was with 1200 calories and working out and I was extremely tired. I dont think you are heavy enough to lose 4lbs in a week.
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    Half a pound a week is safe. One pound a week is not a route I would take.

Weigh all solids with a kitchen scale and log your food. Consistency and patience are incredibly important! Also use the correct entries. Do NOT use anything with "homemade" ir generic in the title or enteries with an asterisk. Use your food scale and the recipe builder in MFP.

I don't think you appearance is going to change that much in 17 days. Are you going to carry around a scale with you to show everyone that you weigh a certain weight? I would hope not. Just enjoy whatever event you're going to (vacation?).

TL;DR: weigh your food and use correct entries. Goal weight in that time frame is unsafe/impossible. Too little too late.

I'm going to try and do that!!:) It's hard though, as you can see in the pic a few pounds makes a huge difference in the way my shirts fit. I've even had people ask if I was pregnant. It just hurts.