PCOS - need friends to encourage and be encouraged by!

Options
2»

Replies

• RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I was diagnosed at 16. I'm really just getting into losing the weight.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Im 24, and just recently diagnosed with PCOS. Would love to befriend all of you lovely ladies so that we can support and encourage each other. :smiley:
  • MagpieNicky
    MagpieNicky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 32 and was diagnosed with PCOS about eight years ago. I was heavy all through high school with an irregular menstral cycle, but college is where I really became overweight, gaining 50 lbs in a year. My heaviest was 285. Once diagnosed and put on birth control, I initially lost 45 lbs through lifestyle changes: healthy eating, portion control, going vegetarian. I lost another 50 lbs through exercising and tracking my calories on MFP. I was able to maintain for long while, then the weight crept on a bit. Then life happened: I lost my job and slowly stopped working out since I couldn't afford the gym, lost my insurance and was without the birth control, and within a year I had put back on 50 lbs.

I'm starting from square one again, and it's harder this time around. I'm currently on Metforim, which I don't feel makes a difference. When I didn't have insurance, I researched and tried the natural route with vitamins supplements, but that didn't help me either. Any advice that had worked for others is greatly appreciated.
  • ITSKBHUN
    ITSKBHUN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15. I've been recently started on Metformin but it made me feel so sick I stopped taking it. Now I'm determined to get back on the wagon and lose 3 stone by this time next year, and a stone before my next doctors appointment in November!

We can do this!