Overeating!

Options
Aye ayeayee, this morning I woke up from getting a little bit hammered (not exactly weight loss aiding in the first place, but I saved up for it...) and couldn't seem to stop myself from eating some (copious amounts of) cheese on toast. I feel like crap ahah, what do you do when you overeat? My hungover breakfast put me over 1200 calories for the day I am ashamed to say. I'm never really good at this, I just try again to be extra healthy the next day. For now I think I'll drink lots of tea and water.
Does anyone have any tips? I really have to force myself to log the calories because when I look at the number I am just like "oh Christ....what have I done....."

Also this is my first post! Hello I am Hannah, i'm 5'2 and so far I've lost about a stone, since April.

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day.

Don't beat yourself up.

Do better tomorrow.

That's what I always do.

I'm Glinda, I'm 5'3" and I've lost 23 lbs since March.
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day.

Don't beat yourself up.

Do better tomorrow.

That's what I always do.

I'm Glinda, I'm 5'3" and I've lost 23 lbs since March.

Thanks dude! I learnt now to beat myself up a long time ago, I used to have an ED and I think from that I know how to lose weight in a mentally healthy way ahaha. It's important not to let it get me down, just do better next time! Thanks very much. Congrats on the 23lbs! Do you mind me asking your goal weight? It's hard to find posts from shorter girls.

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Own it
    Log it
    Move on

Denying it ( not logging ) provides you with no benefit.

As for the rest of it ... you know what you did wrong and what you need to do about it. Thats why you feel guilty.

There's no trick to it. Make an affirmation to do better in the future, and recommit to your journey.
  • katielouisexox7
    katielouisexox7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say don't stress about it & tomorrow is a fresh day :) I've previously lost 3 stone thanks to this site and I had plenty of days where I messed up.We're only human ;)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ive had days like this and my advice accept it you cant change it just know it will happen again at some point but you're in for the long haul so work hard and do damage limitation
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is one of the best, but also most recent, lessons I've learned. Basically, it's about how to accept a hiccup and then move right back into consistent success.

"Log it and move on" is correct. Don't turn a bad day into a bad weekend, or a bad weekend into a bad week, simply for the desire to "write off the whole damn thing."

Don't try and make up for it beyond reasonable means (e.g. eat a light dinner, but don't starve). You're not going to make up for it except through consistency and time, so you might as well skip any efforts that might promote the desire to binge later on.

This was a great lesson for me to learn. It took a lot of guilt out of trying to develop a sustainable plan. It's almost eliminated emotional and stressful eating brought on by these little failings.