Binged....again!?

Options
I was doing really well for 2 weeks. Gave up all processed sugar and replaced it with fruit, but today, I ruined everything. On top of my huge breakfast, I ate 7 pieces of chocolate, tons of rice cakes, jam, dates, cheese biscuits, nuts...etc. I feel sick to my stomach. This isn't the first time I've binged. I keep telling myself it's the last time this is going to happen, but within 2-3 weeks, the same thing happens again. How do I actually end this ongoing cycle of binging before it destroys me?

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would say don't give up sugar. Try to eat what you like in moderation or splurge infrequently, but have it when you crave it.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I would say don't give up sugar. Try to eat what you like in moderation or splurge infrequently, but have it when you crave it.

This. If you don't have medical issues stemming from carb/sugar intake and your goal is to lose, there's no reason to eliminate sugar. Cutting these foods out of your diet is obviously not a sustainable plan for you, and it doesn't have to be. You might have far less binging tendencies if you allow yourself treats in moderation.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just my 2 cents...... What else is going on in your life? Is it possible there are other emotional situations that you are responding to? Example.... when you were a kid and you skinned your knee - did Mom help you feel better by giving you candy or ice cream. That kind of emotional soothing can set us up for emotional eating. It doesn't have to be a huge big problem, it can be a bunch of small crappy daily irritations that build up.