LC

Options
Well, it has been four days now on the low carbs and I am not going to beat myself up just keep trying. It is mid day and thus far I had about 24 carbs and I am going to keep working at it to stay within 50 carbs today. I know I have to think a lot when it comes to this whole carb thing.

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    That's is why i kept it simple
    CICO thats all.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    good luck with that. It is so hard especially at first. I don't do that. But I know it works really well for some people
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    All you can do is keep trying! Last night I wanted to eat fruit so bad, but instead ate some spicy pepperoni :) And then a big bowl of sugar free jello :)

PS- what is CICO?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Calories in versus Calories out

So i eat everything as long as it fits in my calorie allowance

Very simple and lost 94 pounds that way...easily!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but you sound miserable in that post. Good luck!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well, it has been four days now on the low carbs and I am not going to beat myself up just keep trying. It is mid day and thus far I had about 24 carbs and I am going to keep working at it to stay within 50 carbs today. I know I have to think a lot when it comes to this whole carb thing.

It takes time to establish a new habit. See the abstract from a 2009 study, here:
    To investigate the process of habit formation in everyday life, 96 volunteers chose an eating, drinking or activity behaviour to carry out daily in the same context (for example ‘after breakfast’) for 12 weeks. They completed the self-report habit index (SRHI) each day and recorded whether they carried out the behaviour. The majority (82) of participants provided sufficient data for analysis, and increases in automaticity (calculated with a sub-set of SRHI items) were examined over the study period. Nonlinear regressions fitted an asymptotic curve to each individual's automaticity scores over the 84 days. The model fitted for 62 individuals, of whom 39 showed a good fit. Performing the behaviour more consistently was associated with better model fit. The time it took participants to reach 95% of their asymptote of automaticity ranged from 18 to 254 days; indicating considerable variation in how long it takes people to reach their limit of automaticity and highlighting that it can take a very long t...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.674/abstract

Which plan do you follow?

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calories in versus Calories out

So i eat everything as long as it fits in my calorie allowance

Very simple and lost 94 pounds that way...easily!

^This is what I do too. Low carb won't be my future lifestyle.....so there is no point in low carb now (no medical issues for me).