Womans World June 29 issue Diet Pill?

Options
I came across the cover online and am curious what diet pill supplement is featured in this issue.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Do not buy it. It's a complete waste of money.

I'll share a little trick with you OP, it will help you save some money.

Do not buy any weight loss programs, supplements if;
    • The items are sold by a magazine; they're out for your money, and they're sponsored.
    • The items are sold by a celebrity doctor
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what it is, but I can guarantee you it won't work. If there was a magic pill for weight loss it would've been discovered / invented by now and everyone would be taking it.

However, it's a tried and true marketing ploy: people will buy the magazine just to see what it is.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm still waiting for Adipose.

A: I can live with a pound a night. Seriously.

B: I want one of those cute, little fat monsters as a pet. They're adorbz.

C: The only side effect stems from their attempts to kill you in order to hurredly meet the quota set by their alien clients. Hardly seems worth the worry.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This is the magazine that has a miracle diet and a high calorie dessert on the cover of every single issue. I wouldn't take too much stock into what they recommend.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm still waiting for Adipose.

A: I can live with a pound a night. Seriously.

B: I want one of those cute, little fat monsters as a pet. They're adorbz.

C: The only side effect stems from their attempts to kill you in order to hurredly meet the quota set by their alien clients. Hardly seems worth the worry.

I couldn't agree more!
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yep, I realize they promote a lot of diets. Regardless, I would like to know what it is and have no time to get to the store to browse the pages.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    1FitBabe wrote: »
    Yep, I realize they promote a lot of diets. Regardless, I would like to know what it is and have no time to get to the store to browse the pages.

Have you gone to their website? I subscribe to a lot of magazines and they seem to have all the same info on their site as they do in their magazines. I'm guessing you can find it there.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

They are featuring either one that does not work or one that will cause kidney and/or liver damage.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Womans World is the Weekly World News of women's magazines, except they're not funny.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    Womans World is the Weekly World News of women's magazines, except they're not funny.

They have found the perfect business plan.

They promote quick fat loss plans that are going to fail on one page and delicious cupcake recipes through the rest of the issue.

Keeps people coming back for the newest quick weight loss scam next week.
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Consider how many magazines would go bankrupt if anyone ever invented an effective and safe diet pill.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    ljmorgi wrote: »

They have found the perfect business plan.

They promote quick fat loss plans that are going to fail on one page and delicious cupcake recipes through the rest of the issue.

Keeps people coming back for the newest quick weight loss scam next week.

Oh, so true! That is what always confused me about that magazine - recipes galore and quick weight loss tips. Really?! But, yep, you are right - ingenious marketing plan.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Have you gone to their website? I subscribe to a lot of magazines and they seem to have all the same info on their site as they do in their magazines. I'm guessing you can find it there.

I looked there first and it wasn't there.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Why even waste your time?

Woman's World is one of the worst magazines out there, and they're filled with the equivalent of electronic scam.