Where in the gym do you do Kettlebell?

Options
I go to the gym on my lunch so try to do a concentrated workout - limited rest and love doing kettlebell along with weights. My gym is extremely small though and there really isn't much open space - if the weight section is not crowded I'll go in between 2 benches but feel like this could be an inconvenience when someone wants to walk by (especially with swings) - there is a small mat for stretching and I'll use this if the weight area is crowded - but again - I feel like I'm taking this up for 35/40 minutes. On top of worrying if I'm taking up space - in the back of my head it is on top of the "you're the only female in here doing weights in the guy space" that I constantly try to drown out with my music but it's lingering.... Thoughts?? Thanks;)

Replies

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    jocey517 wrote: »
    I go to the gym on my lunch so try to do a concentrated workout - limited rest and love doing kettlebell along with weights. My gym is extremely small though and there really isn't much open space - if the weight section is not crowded I'll go in between 2 benches but feel like this could be an inconvenience when someone wants to walk by (especially with swings) - there is a small mat for stretching and I'll use this if the weight area is crowded - but again - I feel like I'm taking this up for 35/40 minutes. On top of worrying if I'm taking up space - in the back of my head it is on top of the "you're the only female in here doing weights in the guy space" that I constantly try to drown out with my music but it's lingering.... Thoughts?? Thanks;)

They don't own the gym ;) We belong in the weight section as much as them! If you are still uncomfortable try to make some guy friends there so at least you have some familiar faces around.
  • jocey517
    jocey517 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think I do need to start looking up... ha! I literally have been so determined that the only way I could push through was wear a hat and turn my music up but I won't look at people when they look at me... I guess I should be a bit friendlier:) Thanks!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't in the way of anyone... do it where you want.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    As long as you aren't in the way of anyone... do it where you want.

^ This.... Since your gym is small I would simply use the Kettlebell where ever you can find a spot that isn't in the way of someone else who is working out.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    My work gym sounds like a similar set up to your area. The kettlebells that they do have are by the free weights so I use them there. I'm not hauling them over to the other area where there is a mat. Lol. I've never had a problem taking up space from other members. As long as your courteous shouldn't be a problem. I can't remember the last time I've even seen someone use the kettlebells at my gym.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If the gym has kettlebells, it should provide a place to use them. I would probably ask where they prefer you to use them. They very well may tell you to use the spot right between the benches.