Did yoga ~> old and busted

Options
fjrandol
fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
Help! I went to a hatha yoga class yesterday (loved it btw!), and today I feel like I've been beaten. My back, my neck, my toes, my hair, ow ow. :#

How do I recover from it? Do I have to do more yoga to feel better from doing yoga? Blergh!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    rest
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    When I'm sore from exercising, light exercise (like walking around a bit) can help unstiffen my muscles.

I find with yoga that I DO feel better if I go back after a day or two, but be careful not to push yourself too hard!
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I felt really sore the first few times I went to yoga. Now I only feel sore that day. I actually feel sore if I don't do yoga.
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Rest, walk and stretch a little for a day, and then try going to yoga again! Being a little sore means that you're moving in a way you're not used to, so that's good!

You could also possibly try going to a more slowly paced class soon after to recover (maybe restorative or "gentle"). In a lot of types of yoga (including Hatha I believe) there is different choreography in different classes, so you probably will be working your muscles in a slightly different way in the next Hatha class you take!
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Wait a few days and go back for more. Like any exercise your body needs to get used to the new routines. I try to do yoga three times a week and I love it. But I do remember the soreness from the first few times.