Need help to be clear on something & some suggestions

Options
I am almost at my goal of weight loss. I am not trying to BUILD muscle just maintain what I have. That won't make me gain weight right? I don't do heavy weight lifting. I do cardio and the heavest I lift on a daily basis is my son who is 35lbs. I do planks & push-ups 3 - 4 times a week.

Also, in you opinion which push-up is harder for you? Where you feet are lower then your shoulders or at the same level as your shoulders? Which is more beneficial?

Replies

• mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I do girly push-ups, but my son puts his feet on a bench, hands on the floor and does his push-ups that way. He says that makes it more difficult for him than just having his toes/feet on the floor.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on getting to goal! I do my pushups with hands on a staircase, toes on the floor. I am working my way down to hands on floor over time.

Building muscle may make you gain weight, but if you lose fat at the same rate you gain muscle, you'll see your measurements decline (as muscle is denser than fat).
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    weighted pushups with a 40lb vest and pushup stands with one leg raised.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When you start liftng heavy you may see a gain on the scale, but it's more likely to be water weight. Our bodies pump sore muscles full of water to help cushion and heal them.