'coming out' on weight....actual weight and photo's....admitting this is how big I've become

Options

Replies

• Ellicustompumpkin
    Ellicustompumpkin Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You gotta do what makes you happy! Only you can make yourself happy, no one else! B)<3

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • tanny684
    tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started on here and I weigh 220 also. I'm only 5'5" though, so look fatter than you. You look great to me. I am trying to lose 80 pounds also. Id love some support as I have none in my "real life".

Added you as a friend :)
  • tanny684
    Options
    I'm on my way to work so apologise for not replying to all posts personally. I wanted to write however to thank everyone that has posted for all the really kind messages. You guys will never know how much you've helped me.

I have body dysmorphic disorder and the weight photo issue was not just an avoidance of posting; it was an actual panic attack inducing make me sick to my stomach type feeling. In the mirror I see a monster and I thought posting would help me to face up to being that monster.....that maybe feeling bad would spur me into action re.weight loss. It has had the opposite effect. People being so kind has boosted my confidence; but although I feel good I still want to make healthier choices to not punish myself. I'm a Registered Nurse and usually skip breakfast and lunch and just eat cookies and candy from the break room because other people are my priority. But today I made my lunch at home and promised to eat it....because I have gained from this that maybe I'm not that bad after all. I didn't expect it to be so helpful so again, thank you guys.
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look great, but you can reach your goal if you commit to it (unlike your ex) he's a jerk. haha sorry!
  • tanny684
    Options
    Sho0gy_D wrote: »
    You look great, but you can reach your goal if you commit to it (unlike your ex) he's a jerk. haha sorry!

Haha, thanks....my goal is to lose weight see him and say this is what you COULD have had....
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Haha that would be awesome
  • SSeitz775
    SSeitz775 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Girl, You look great and you definitely don't look like 220! Good luck on your journey!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    tanny684 wrote: »
    I'm on my way to work so apologise for not replying to all posts personally. I wanted to write however to thank everyone that has posted for all the really kind messages. You guys will never know how much you've helped me.

I have body dysmorphic disorder and the weight photo issue was not just an avoidance of posting; it was an actual panic attack inducing make me sick to my stomach type feeling. In the mirror I see a monster and I thought posting would help me to face up to being that monster.....that maybe feeling bad would spur me into action re.weight loss. It has had the opposite effect. People being so kind has boosted my confidence; but although I feel good I still want to make healthier choices to not punish myself. I'm a Registered Nurse and usually skip breakfast and lunch and just eat cookies and candy from the break room because other people are my priority. But today I made my lunch at home and promised to eat it....because I have gained from this that maybe I'm not that bad after all. I didn't expect it to be so helpful so again, thank you guys.

There you go!!! Believe in yourself and you'll be unstoppable!

• sopia717
    sopia717 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You Seriously Look Incredible..... <3
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have body dysmorphic disorder and the weight photo issue was not just an avoidance of posting; it was an actual panic attack inducing make me sick to my stomach type feeling. In the mirror I see a monster

I don’t know what that’s like, so if this advice doesn’t help, just ignore it. :)

Like everyone else has been saying, you look great already. If you lose some weight, I bet you’ll look incredible.

Strictly based on your current weight and height, you’re right that losing 60–80 lbs would be a good idea. Maybe less than that, if you gain some muscle mass. But I would suggest losing weight because you want to be healthy and look even better than you do now, not because you are some sort of “monster” when that obviously is not true.

And if at all possible, try not to be too down on yourself. Some women are never content with their appearance no matter what they weigh. What if you lose 80 lbs and you still have this idea that you’re a monster? That isn’t true now and it won’t be true later. With your body dysmorphic disorder, maybe being happy about your appearance is easier said than done, but let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    Good for you. I find that it's so freeing to just own your weight. But girl you dont even look 220. You're proportioned well and have a really nice shape and curves. Good luck to you on your journey to become fit. You can do this!

This. You are seriously gorgeous! Don't even THINK about being ashamed! You would be beautiful at any weight! :-)
  • tanny684
    Options
    I have body dysmorphic disorder and the weight photo issue was not just an avoidance of posting; it was an actual panic attack inducing make me sick to my stomach type feeling. In the mirror I see a monster

I don’t know what that’s like, so if this advice doesn’t help, just ignore it. :)

Like everyone else has been saying, you look great already. If you lose some weight, I bet you’ll look incredible.

Strictly based on your current weight and height, you’re right that losing 60–80 lbs would be a good idea. Maybe less than that, if you gain some muscle mass. But I would suggest losing weight because you want to be healthy and look even better than you do now, not because you are some sort of “monster” when that obviously is not true.

And if at all possible, try not to be too down on yourself. Some women are never content with their appearance no matter what they weigh. What if you lose 80 lbs and you still have this idea that you’re a monster? That isn’t true now and it won’t be true later. With your body dysmorphic disorder, maybe being happy about your appearance is easier said than done, but let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

Thankyou.....that really made me think and will def keep that in mind. I think alongside the diet maybe therapy wouldn't be a bad idea. Just hope the process doesnt make me eat beef. Thankyou and good luck with your journey.
  • tanny684
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    Good for you. I find that it's so freeing to just own your weight. But girl you dont even look 220. You're proportioned well and have a really nice shape and curves. Good luck to you on your journey to become fit. You can do this!

This. You are seriously gorgeous! Don't even THINK about being ashamed! You would be beautiful at any weight! :-)
    Thankyou x
  • cdb604
    cdb604 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • Looser47
    Looser47 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow I think you look bloody amazing you have curves in all the right places. You look in proportion and your a beautiful looking lady. You don't look to overweight to me!! Not sure about the boob pic's though? I think showing you're face would be more appropriate so we know who we're looking at. Best of luck with your weight loss journey
  • alysskea
    alysskea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg- you're drop dead gorgeous!!! I mean it!
  • tanny684
    Options
    Looser47 wrote: »
    Wow I think you look bloody amazing you have curves in all the right places. You look in proportion and your a beautiful looking lady. You don't look to overweight to me!! Not sure about the boob pic's though? I think showing you're face would be more appropriate so we know who we're looking at. Best of luck with your weight loss journey

Don't tend to take whole pics if that makes sense because of how I am. Tend to take ones like this as in neck and above or below I know I'm weird lol. cdxfjc7bb3yz.jpg
  • tanny684
    Options
    Looser47 wrote: »

Don't tend to take whole pics if that makes sense because of how I am. Tend to take ones like this as in neck and above or below I know I'm weird lol. cdxfjc7bb3yz.jpg

That's what I mean though when I say what I'd usually let the world see. In that kind of photo there is no clue that I'm overweight. So it's easier to hide to others and to myself. Forcing myself to post a body pic was like forcing myself to admit I am overweight. And the problem needs to be understood before it can be worked upon and changed....or at least that's my theory :p
  • RyuJinUK
    RyuJinUK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    IMG_20150620_WA0000.jpg
  • tanny684
    Options
    RyuJinUK wrote: »
    IMG_20150620_WA0000.jpg

I don't know if this posted before so apologies if im posting twice!

Is that your coming out photo? If so congrats although you don't even look overweight :)