Any Strava users who get "running in place" when syncing your runs with MFP?

Options
When I record a run using Strava and synch it with MFP it shows up as "Running in place" where for other Strava users it shows their pace info. I'm not actually running in place though.

I logged a help topic about it, but MFP says this is the first they have ever heard about this problem. I was curious if anyone else had this problem too, and if so please let MFP know by reporting it here. Any info can only help. :smile:

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Bump for my friend ^^^. It'd be great to solve this problem.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yep, this happens to me, too, I've always just checked the calories against Strava and not thought about it. I'll report it, too.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Happened to me yesterday and the calories were probably about double what they should have been.
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happens on and off to me, too. It really annoyed me when I did a 10k route (my longest run ever) and it said "running in place". I just posted a sarcy comment under it :\
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    One thing MFP mentioned is that if you log more than one exercise per day this can happen. That is not what happened to me. I have many, many runs recorded here where they were the only exercise recorded for the day and it still said "running in place". But in case that info helps anyone else...
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    what speed are you running at?
    slower than 8 kph /5 mph might be the reason.
    i used to use it to log slower runs.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    what speed are you running at?
    slower than 8 kph /5 mph might be the reason.
    i used to use it to log slower runs.
    That was my suspicion as well, and I even pointed that out to MFP. They said that the software should pick the slowest running pace in the database that is actually moving and not choose "running in place".
  • DavidB1950
    DavidB1950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when it says Running in Place - I’ve never done that - would rather it just said running