Goal Weight for 5'2, mid-30's, 3 kids...?

Options
I have thrown out the number 130lbs but wondering if this is reasonable or not for someone like myself who is about 5'2-5'3, currently 188ish lbs, had 3 bio kids...first pregnancy went from about 120(?) to 198 at birth, second was about 140 to 197, third was 170 to 198 (ya, all three ended up the same). After the third I lost to about 170, then up to 180 after a medication change (late 2013 joined MFP) but then after gallbladder surgery/complications through off my routines, depression, etc. Went to 204. Majority of weight is in my stomach...ugh.

So, I've lost 16 lbs so far since April 15th...would like to create mini goal weights. 180 is my first as that was my heaviest when I first joined MFP for three weeks before surgery (and my weight gain).

I want to know a reasonable, not too thin, not too heavy weight for a person my size. I don't want it so hard to maintain . I'm fairly sedentary still. Any ideas?

Replies

• gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Quite honestly it depends on your frame and what you want out of life. I'm a size 9 at 150lbs. That's the lowest weight I've been since I graduated high school. This time I'm aiming for 140. But let me tell you it is wonderful going from a size 18 to a size 9. If that is where you want to stay then that is great too. This is about your happiness. I don't think that I will get down to a BMI in the healthy category and that is ok with me.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Since you were 120 before, I'd shoot for 120. You're only in your 30s. You are a young woman. Far too young to be sedentary.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    With three kids you can't be sedentary dear... I m 5 ft having one kid and in my 30s... I m maintaining my weight without any exercise since 3 months.. Just try to eat balance...my kid keep me moving all the day..